Official East TN Rut Report

WORM82

I work in Hawkins co and last night a doe was bedded behind the plant and had 3 small bucks standing within 10 yards of her. She finally ran off with all 3 bucks right on her tail. But on the other side of the plant there was 7 does and yearlings all bedded together.

Smokyrider

Campbell county/ royal blue 4:10 today had 3 does come by where I was sitting almost at run, then I heard the buck coming grunting all the way. The last doe stopped and took off in a different direction with the buck hot on it heels. Some fast paced chasing, never had a chance to shoot.

But it seems the rut in happening in Campbell county.

Kritter Gitter

Went yesterday. Got in the stand around 9am (didnt get off work til 8am) saw a small spike and a 4pt. Both were covering some ground scent checking everywhere. They just couldnt figure out where this elusive doe was 20yds from my stand! haha Hunting This week hard in Sullivan and Hancock. hope to see some good activity!

String Music

I watched several 2 year olds chase does this past weekend. I actually saw a 2 or 3 year old breed a doe Thursday evening. However, I still do not have a single picture of a mature buck on his feet during daylight. I think by this weekend the mature bucks will be on their feet.

This is in Campbell county.

Went Sunday at 2:00 PM buddy saw 4 on the way to my house and we seen 5 more on the way to my property at 2:10 all does. My neighbor that is next door shot an 8 point Sunday morning and was trying to find it but no luck. Does are just not quite ready but it should be wild when it breaks loose!

Atchman2

I went out this morning to my spot in "The Subdivision". I didn't even see any tracks! I knew I should have went to Roane County, but when I was down there the other day folks were hunting all over. Everyone was where they were supposed to be, but I thought we were mighty close together. :) I'm not used to seeing other hunters. (Guess I would be a piss poor WMA hunter eh?).

Might try in the morning, but I can't stay long-got to fry a turkey! I have one last charge in the muzzleloader so I may just take it and if I don't see a deer, just shoot it and put it away for the year.

Greg M

Hunted our property since Monday morning. Saw 3 does early Monday. Bumped all 3 coming out of the woods bedded in brush near my food plot. Haven't seen a deer since. Probably have 30+ hours in the woods since Monday AM. Don't know what has happened. Have had deer on the property all year. Expected the snow to get them moving hard. Nothing. Tomorrow and Saturday morning are all I have left. Feeling bummed out.

wayers

ive seen chasing since opening day of rifle season and my buddys have seen chasing to here in carter county. killed a big 6pt chasing a doe Saturday morning.

Solocam

Went this mornin and didn't see anything got home from eatin around 3 and at 3:15 my neighbor called and said I had a buck and doe in my back yard. So I went out in the field and shot him. Tracked him about 150 yards and ran out of day light so I started walkin back to the house and another buck started chasin the does. First sign of rut for me

Latest posts