Nico time!

SC Manimal

That Iowa qb is a monster, he's like that Kentucky qb from about 15 years ago , Jared something?
Jared Lorenzen but Lorenzen was a much better player than this guy. Also, we need to question the great defense of these B10 teams. Seems like maybe the B10 offenses just have trouble scoring which makes the defenses look really good.

Don'tDrinkTinks

Could careless. About any bowl game that's not a new year 6 bowl or playoff. Don't blame them a bit for opting out. Most people complaining about it would do the same thing. How many actually work out a 2 week notice at a mediocre job? Millions are at stake for these kids. At the end of the day at gets extra practices for all the young kids that actually have a chance to win something meaningful. Don't get me wrong want to win every game but these athletes making a business decision I will never hold that against them. Joe will be drafted higher then anyone expects. Imo. Right or wrong. For me I am excited to see nico.
This. Bowl games are irrelevant now unless they are playoff games.

XCR-2

^^^^^THIS^^^^ Needed to be said
Maybe to you, but not the players who've practiced and trained harder than you'll ever know. The sacrifices the families have made make it worth it. To all the people who've helped the kids all their lives to get to where they are. To the die hard fans who just enjoy watching a sport they love. The only thing that's irrelevant is your comments that you make from your couch.

PillsburyDoughboy

Maybe to you, but not the players who've practiced and trained harder than you'll ever know. The sacrifices the families have made make it worth it. To all the people who've helped the kids all their lives to get to where they are. To the die hard fans who just enjoy watching a sport they love. The only thing that's irrelevant is your comments that you make from your couch.
You need to start catching up.

Most people I'm reading up on outside the orange colored glasses world seem to think the current model is severely flawed.. That there are too many bowl games . That they are basically handing out participation trophies.

If your happy with a participation trophy go for it. These blow out bowls a s bowls for the sake of seeing little Jimmy from the bench getting a chance to play in the toilet bowl are for the birds.

Iglow

Next coaches will opt out if key players do so it won't ding their winning percentage …. Then OC and DC will do the same a few years later once the coach thing no longer raises eyebrows.
After that AD's will decline bowl invitations altogether and the bowl committees will offer to top high school teams.

XCR-2

You need to start catching up.

Most people I'm reading up on outside the orange colored glasses world seem to think the current model is severely flawed.. That there are too many bowl games . That they are basically handing out participation trophies.

If your happy with a participation trophy go for it. These blow out bowls a s bowls for the sake of seeing little Jimmy from the bench getting a chance to play in the toilet bowl are for the birds.
Typical response from you. I guess I think my own way unlike you by just agreeing on what the sports analysts think. Because it's the cool thing to do. It's easy to see that you've been that way your whole life. Weirdo

Latest posts