Nico time!

bowhunterfanatic

I have no idea how it came about, but I personally thought that we should treat this bowl like the first of spring practice in preparation for next year. And that meant Nico getting the practice reps and running QB1 in the game.

It's going to be interesting to see what he can do against a stout defense.
Maybe it's my orange shaded glasses, but I think Nico will shred them if the O line has a pulse. And, as awesome as that would be it concerns me that it'll create unrealistic expectations going into next year, much the way the Clemson game did for Joe this year.

Iowa is very sound defensively, but they are slow. They just don't have SEC caliber athletes and I think that will show up in this game.

PalsPal

Maybe it's my orange shaded glasses, but I think Nico will shred them if the O line has a pulse. And, as awesome as that would be it concerns me that it'll create unrealistic expectations going into next year, much the way the Clemson game did for Joe this year.

Iowa is very sound defensively, but they are slow. They just don't have SEC caliber athletes and I think that will show up in this game.

If he shreds them, there will be a lot of people screaming why he didn't play more during the regular season, which would be justified.

But, there has been a rumor that the family wanted him to redshirt, so who knows.

His starting does spark my interest in the game more.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled

cbhunter

Yep, Milton opted out. That one confuses me a bit. Nico will get his chance, but don't be surprised if it's tough sledding against that defense. Iowa is a weird team, and has weird vibes. He very well may shred them for all that I know
I don't think he will shred them. Not for lack of talent. It's the guys first start. I'm sure he will make us shake our head a time or three and he will also give us glimpses how amazing he could potentially be.

Nico will have to grow into the position like 99% of other qbs getting their first ever start.

Now I hope he goes for 300+ and 4+ tds but I'm a realist 😂

Looking forward to see him in action!
GB 🍊

Gravey

Yep Milton opted out. Kids doing that piss me off. You got a 4-year free ride and exposure to have a chance at the nfl so IMO you owe it to the university to play the bowl game. I know the other side that they might get hurt and while true the odds are very low. Two of the running backs aren't playing either and a couple of the defensive secondary guys hit the portal so will be somewhat of a different team. That said I'm excited to see Nico play a full game. Not expecting him to look like a Heisman candidate but how he manages the game is what I want to see. Supposedly he's very smart so we'll see soon enough.

bowhunterfanatic

Yep Milton opted out. Kids doing that piss me off. You got a 4-year free ride and exposure to have a chance at the nfl so IMO you owe it to the university to play the bowl game. I know the other side that they might get hurt and while true the odds are very low. Two of the running backs aren't playing either and a couple of the defensive secondary guys hit the portal so will be somewhat of a different team. That said I'm excited to see Nico play a full game. Not expecting him to look like a Heisman candidate but how he manages the game is what I want to see. Supposedly he's very smart so we'll see soon enough.
In Milton's defense I highly suspect he only opted out once he was told he wouldn't be starting. I could be dead wrong here but I think he would have played given the opportunity.

PalsPal

In Milton's defense I highly suspect he only opted out once he was told he wouldn't be starting. I could be dead wrong here but I think he would have played given the opportunity.

That has been thrown out there. Supposedly he participated in some practices and was at meetings yesterday helping the team prepare.

wayne

The only way Milton's draft stock could be effected by playing in this game is a negative. He's had enough exposure to be graded by NFL scouts. Why would he take the chance on being injured?

deerfanatic

The only way Milton's draft stock could be effected by playing in this game is a negative. He's had enough exposure to be graded by NFL scouts. Why would he take the chance on being injured?
This^. He can't gain anything from playing in this game. Only lose by having an injury or look even worse with a bad game. Having a great game wouldn't do much for him. The tape is out on him and has been

Latest posts