Next bama coach

prstide

Looks like he only has two years of Power 5 experience, but he knocked it out of the park in those two years.

Cons. Zero SEC experience, zero experience at all in the south doing anything football wise. Not a proven recruiter.

Sorta did the same thing Heupel did his first couple years at UT. He took a shot at a failed 3* Indiana trasfer QB and a few trasfer WRs and hit a Homrun. Kinda like what Heupel did with hooker & Bru and others.
Same things were said about Saban and Urban Meyer when they came into the SEC.

prstide

This whole thing is pointing out how imbalanced and disconnected from reality the bama fan base is. Y'all have had an exceptional run but y'all act like it's gonna just go on for eternity, that no other teams can rise up, it's crazy.
Alabama is gonna have to face Auburn and Hugh Freeze ( beat Saban twice with frickin Ole Miss ) every year, they are gonna face Tennessee and Josh Heupel every year, Kiffin and Ole Miss, Kelly and LSU, Sark and Texas, Smart and Georgia, Venables and Oklahoma . Do you really think those guys/teams are gonna just roll over and wet themselves when bama shows up? Do you realize how much steeper the mountain is getting? Do y'all realize that someone besides Alabama might know a little about recruiting? That not every kid on earth is dreaming of crimson every night? Y'all need to get a grip.
The mountain is no steeper than it was in September 2023 when Alabama beat all those listed with the exception of Sark. Is there more parity in the sport now—sure but what you need to realize is this….throughout the history of college football Alabama has a rich tradition and history of success. As much as you'd like to wish it away, reality and history can't be erased. Alabama will remain relevant for the foreseeable future due to that history and the resources available due to the success of the past 17 years. Soak it up.

Iglow

Like next year is your year crap? Feels like 98 crap? Champions Of Life crap? You mean unreasonable expectations like that sorta crap that have been going on for 25 years ???

Unlike certain teams and coaches that pop off at the mouth about having a program that can play with anyone anytime crap... ALABAMA has one.

DeBoer has a record of winning everywhere he has been. I look forward to seeing him do the same at ALABAMA.
Your Honor,…..I rest my case.

buckaroo

IMG_0023.png

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
These two post are some of the most tasteless piles of vomit I have ever seen posted on this forum like ever. Its one thing for us to kid around with each other.... to bash each others programs and to take shots at each other. Its what we do day in and day out. But to suggest killing and violance from a fan base even if it was innuendo is very distasteful at best. Its definatly something you would not say face to face at a campfire I can assure you that.
My post was unsavory, ill advised, inappropriate and disrespectful. In my mind I was pointing to the lunacy of some Alabama fans, thinking it's not all that big a jump to doing what I had suggested. It was wrong of me to have said it or thought it, and I'm sorry I did.

bowhunterfanatic

Thank you for being a voice of reason. A machine has been built over the last 17 years that isn't just going to quit.
While it's likely that this is correct, I imagine Nebraska fans thought the same thing in the 90s. Florida fans thought the same thing when Urban stepped down. USC fans, if they have any, thought the same thing when Pete Carroll left. Us Vol fans absolutely thought we'd keep rolling in a post Fulmer world.

By no means do I think Deboer is a bad hire, but all it takes is one bad hire and it can set your program back 5 years easily. To think that it can't happen at Bama is just wishful thinking. Especially in today's NIL / transfer portal world.

bloodtrailing

What you all are trying to forget and project. The history of UT dumpster fire.

Attachments

• IMG_8399.jpeg
    IMG_8399.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 17

PalsPal

No one knows how it will turn out.

Fan bases of TN, FL, OK, TX, USC, NE, FSU, Miami, PSU, tOSU, and MI (until this year), and the list goes on; all-to-well have been in Bama fans current shoes and hope to share the misery.

On the plus side for Bama, Saban is leaving them at a somewhat high level, although signs the past two years showed obvious chinks in the armour.

On the negative side, there are chinks in the armour. Add to that, Saban will have an office just down the hall. I hope he shows up at practice like Fulmer did because he just couldn't help not keep from sticking his nose in.

I still haven't seen what the staff would look like, and that will be huge. From the coach's perspective, he won't like being told he has to keep so and so on the staff. Think Saban would've put up with an x-coach down the hall or being told who will be on his staff? 😆

Bama fans are nervous, as they should be. (This doesn't apply to the 1% of somewhat rational fans). The 99% are hoping for the best, while fearing the worst. And the main reason for fearing the worst is that they are starting to remember the loads of crap they have dumped on opposing fan bases all those years and worry about payback.

Like I said previously, this offseason is going to be fun.

Iglow

Fan bases of TN, FL, OK, TX, USC, NE, FSU, Miami, PSU, tOSU, and MI (until this year), and the list goes on; all-to-well have been in Bama fans current shoes and hope to share the misery.

On the plus side for Bama, Saban is leaving them at a somewhat high level, although signs the past two years showed obvious chinks in the armour.

On the negative side, there are chinks in the armour. Add to that, Saban will have an office just down the hall. I hope he shows up at practice like Fulmer did because he just couldn't help not keep from sticking his nose in.

I still haven't seen what the staff would look like, and that will be huge. From the coach's perspective, he won't like being told he has to keep so and so on the staff. Think Saban would've put up with an x-coach down the hall or being told who will be on his staff? 😆

Bama fans are nervous, as they should be. (This doesn't apply to the 1% of somewhat rational fans). The 99% are hoping for the best, while fearing the worst. And the main reason for fearing the worst is that they are starting to remember the loads of crap they have dumped on opposing fan bases all those years and worry about payback.

Pal'sPal , that is a much needed dose of reality, well done!

prstide

While it's likely that this is correct, I imagine Nebraska fans thought the same thing in the 90s. Florida fans thought the same thing when Urban stepped down. USC fans, if they have any, thought the same thing when Pete Carroll left. Us Vol fans absolutely thought we'd keep rolling in a post Fulmer world.

By no means do I think Deboer is a bad hire, but all it takes is one bad hire and it can set your program back 5 years easily. To think that it can't happen at Bama is just wishful thinking. Especially in today's NIL / transfer portal world.
I've seen it happen at Alabama more than once prior to Saban. Not saying it can't or won't happen but the likelihood of it occurring, especially almost overnight like so many are alluding to, with the amount of sustained success and revenue injected into the program just isn't very realistic.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled

Yep, I agree. There is nervousness, as there should be in this situation. As I said before, Alabama is and has been relevant to the championship in college football WAY longer than the Saban era, and most likely will be in the future. But that is no guarantee given the history of other programs who are at the same level. Alabama won't become Vanderbilt (or Purdue for instance) but they have had the most dominant run for the longest time under Saban and it won't be like that. What's so bad is the insane gloating and derision of other teams from a lot of the fan base in Tuscaloosa. I for one won't enjoy it if they fall to a 50-50 team because I like good football…but I wouldn't be sad about it either because someone else will be playing good football.

Bamamonts

I'm Sad Saban is retiring but also happy for him. I'm excited for the new coach and to see what he brings. I'm nervous about the new coach because it's change. I also remember the rough times before Saban. I think he's a good hire but time will tell. I've been wrong before. I agree it's going to be a fun offseason.

chris1976

Just my opinion- The Lanetrain is the only one that could keep this thing on the rails. Whether we TN fans like him or not, dude can coach, recruit, and win. Other than Deion he may be the only coach cocky enough to want to replace Saban. I hope he stays at Ole Miss where he's limited cause he would be a beast in Tuscaloosa or even Gainesville.
Tell me again what his record is against ranked teams?

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Wasn't it Van Halen that sang that only " time will tell if we can stand the test of time"? That's how I feel about this hire. Deboer has some good qualities and a successful, albeit short, head coaching record. He could be great. He could also bomb. But one thing that I will assure you about Alabama football is that it will be different. That could be good or bad. But the only constant is change, even if Nick had stayed.

Latest posts