New rem 700 sps tactical in 308

BigCityBubba

Just an fyi for anyone that bought or is going to buy a new rem 700. I ordered a rem 700 sps tactical in 308 win with the 20 inch barrel from Buds Gun Shop. It came with the new non adjustable timney impact trigger which is supposed to be set between 3 and 4 pounds. . It seemed a little heavy so I tried 2 different trigger pull gauges and it was somewhere between 4.5 and 5 pounds. I have read where others have had this issue and they replaced it and threw it out. I have also read where the trigger was set perfectly for others. Before tossing it out and replacing it, I called Timney and they are letting me send it in and they will adjust it down to 3 pounds. It was kind of disappointing pulling the trigger for the first time but the timney support was awesome and was a great help.

BigCityBubba

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Remington700

I'm a Remington guy and like that they put a Timney in the new ones. I do wish it was adjustable for people to dial it to what they like. I personally liked the old triggers. They could be dialed in if you knew what you were doing.

infoman jr.

I'm a Remington guy and like that they put a Timney in the new ones. I do wish it was adjustable for people to dial it to what they like. I personally liked the old triggers. They could be dialed in if you knew what you were doing.
The problem is people didn't know what they were doing. I imagine Remington is using Timney triggers to reduce the liability of using their own.

BigCityBubba

The problem is people didn't know what they were doing. I imagine Remington is using Timney triggers to reduce the liability of using their own.
I think they are going with timney because their reputation with triggers is all but destroyed and timney has a very good reputation. Its a selling point. I imagine going with a non adjustable trigger has something to do with liability but also it keeps the price down and most shooters won't ever touch the trigger adjustment.

Latest posts