Need your best jerky recipes please!!!

TCounty Hunter

I have made my own marinades for years and like them, but I tried something different last week when I made some. It was my best yet, and easiest yet. I used 2 different kinds of Allegro marinade, half hickory smoke flavor, and half hot n spicy flavor. My family cant stop eating it, awesome. It doesnt have a lot of kick to it at all. But they have 4 or 5 different flavors try a mix and match and marinate for 24 hours. I am going to try the game marinade flavor next time.

Urban_Hunter

I second the Allegro marinade. I use the hot & spicy + the Game Tame. Then I buy a pack of Original Jerky Cure. I rub the meat in the cure, then soak in the marinade. Then... add a dehydrator + friends and family drooling over it = time to make more.

Urban_Hunter

Kroger carries a few of them here locally... but there is also a small grocery store locally that carries the full line. I would check Kroger. Wal-Mart JUST started carrying it but they only carry the Hot & Spicy... no other ones.

Born and Raised

I use 1/2 Allegro Hickory smoke, 1/2 Allegro hot and spicy and top it off with Worcestershire(because it's cheaper than the other two). My local Publix has 5 different kinds of Allegro and if you ask them they will order anything you want because their CS is second to none.

travle

3/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1/2 Tablespoon Ginger
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Black Pepper

This does 1# of meat. I believe i also leave out the ginger though. This is the best recipe i've ever found. I've had people that swear to me they hate deer jerky/meat. I have them try it with this recipe and they always love it. Even my wife thought it was good. If you want to increase the amount of meat to say 2# just double the recipe. I've also have taken tenderloin and marinaded it in this recipe, wrapped in bacon, and grilled it. My relatives tore it up.

Coach

TCounty Hunter said:
I have made my own marinades for years and like them, but I tried something different last week when I made some. It was my best yet, and easiest yet. I used 2 different kinds of Allegro marinade, half hickory smoke flavor, and half hot n spicy flavor. My family cant stop eating it, awesome. It doesnt have a lot of kick to it at all. But they have 4 or 5 different flavors try a mix and match and marinate for 24 hours. I am going to try the game marinade flavor next time.

I've never smoked anything...well, almost...mostly because I don't really like jerky. My sons and daughter love it so I've been buying jerky at the store...Can you or anyone here for that matter walk me through the steps. My kids bought me a Lil Chief electric smoker for my birthday...much appreciated

Columbia Scott

Ok, here it is. I have people bringing me their whole deer to smoke them. I may end up charging them eventually. If you want melt in your mouth jerky try this:

5 lbs. of venison cut with the grain in 1/4 or slightly thinner strips. Cut it while it is still partially frozen. (much easier) then use the prescribed amount (5lbs.) of High mountain Sweet 'n Spicy jerky seasoning with cure. Blend it in a big bowl. Now add 2 cups brown sugar, a small handful of crushed red pepper and 1/2 cup of teryaki sauce. Let it stand in the fridge for 24 hours. Place it on the jerky racks with some space between pieces. put a blend of cherry wood and apple wood in the smoker but DO NOT REFILL the wood. Just let it smoke for 3.5 hours at about 300 degrees. People offer me money left and right for this stuff but I just give them each a bag as you can't sell game. Truth is, it's so much work they couldn't afford the true cost! You will love this recipe, try it.

Coach

Columbia Scott said:
Ok, here it is. I have people bringing me their whole deer to smoke them. I may end up charging them eventually. If you want melt in your mouth jerky try this:

5 lbs. of venison cut with the grain in 1/4 or slightly thinner strips. Cut it while it is still partially frozen. (much easier) then use the prescribed amount (5lbs.) of High mountain Sweet 'n Spicy jerky seasoning with cure. Blend it in a big bowl. Now add 2 cups brown sugar, a small handful of crushed red pepper and 1/2 cup of teryaki sauce. Let it stand in the fridge for 24 hours. Place it on the jerky racks with some space between pieces. put a blend of cherry wood and apple wood in the smoker but DO NOT REFILL the wood. Just let it smoke for 3.5 hours at about 300 degrees. People offer me money left and right for this stuff but I just give them each a bag as you can't sell game. Truth is, it's so much work they couldn't afford the true cost! You will love this recipe, try it.
Many thanks!

TCounty Hunter

Coach I dont cook mine in the smoker either, I also use a dehydrator. Usually takes about 5-6 hours depending on thickness.

I do have a coal/wood smoker and smoke a lot of things, but not the jerky (yet). When you use things like hickory smoke marinade, or add liquid smoke to your homemade marinade you get some smoky flavor. I mostly smoke stuff with cherry also, hard to beat anything smoked with cherry or other fruit woods.

As Scott mentioned slice it partially frozen for sure. If its already thawed flash freeze it. I also found my electric fillet knife works pretty well for slicing it to. However I usually just take mine to the processor now and tell them to give me straps, loin, ground, and everything else possible sliced in jerky. They dont charge me extra and all I do is thaw and marinate.

I have been buying allegro for years at walmart and kroger here. At sams you can get it in half gallons, but only regular flavor.

Latest posts