Making Jerky How Long (Time)

MickThompson

It depends on temp, how much you have in it, relative humidity, how much air it moves. Start at 6 hours. You can always dry it longer but can't hardly put the moisture back in it. Also let it cool completely before you seal up the bag unless you like white mold on your jerky

backyardtndeer

My kids like the ground stuff, so that's what I make, using a Cabela's jerky shooter. Temp on mine goes to 165, that's where I run it. I have 8 trays and I load them as heavy as I can. It takes a while when I use all of them, at least 8 hours.

Last edited:

tntrkkllr

I have 3 dehydrators for making jerky, two are the same and the highest setting is 155 and it takes right at 4-4.5 hrs and the other one takes 5-6 hours. I don't over fill the trays or it'll take ages to dehydrate

tennred

Thank you fellows , I have found on my dehydrater 160 deg.s 6 hrs seems best . Happy Thanksgiving !

Tn_Va_Hunter

Depends on what type you have, how many treys. How much ingredients is in it.

I have a Cabelas 10 tray. Ground meat. 5-6 hours. I fix it until I can bend it with out it breaking. Take it out and put in a gallon ziplock bag to retain some moisture but I leave it a little unzipped for heat and such to escape.

Side note. I love to marinate mine really well and get it mixed up. Put in fridge for min 24 hours. It helps pull moisture out as well.

As I use the jerky gun I will sprinkle a little onion powder and garlic powder mix on them.

Kids wear it out

tug

Don't know the temp. I just set it on high. Put it on about 6 or 7 at night. Turn it off at 5 or 6 in the morning. Reload it with another 15 lbs. Put it on at 7 in the morning, turn it off around 6 at night. Reload with another 15 lbs. You get the system. Run 45 lbs at a shot. 3 x loads. Two deer at a time.

JCDEERMAN

It all depends on the dehydrator. Always pull out ones when they're done. Most cook different for bottom level versus top level, and thickness of the cut of jerky. I check mine every couple hours and pull off when done

Latest posts