More Squirrels

bowhunterfanatic

Went on what I expect will be my last squirrel hunt of the season yesterday. Had a great hunt and found squirrels everywhere I looked it seemed. Started by killing a couple in red oak trees then found some cutting hickory. Had a nice little flurry around 8 a.m. and killed 4 in about a 15 minute span. That made 9 so I started hunting my way back to the truck. Didn't take long to find a few more up in a red oak cutting acorns. Finally got a clear shot at number 10 and finished up my fall season in style. My buddy killed 5 himself so we had a great morning.
D4AC2CFF-FE97-461C-B963-B72FD2E47740.jpeg

Chiflyguy

Went on what I expect will be my last squirrel hunt of the season yesterday. Had a great hunt and found squirrels everywhere I looked it seemed. Started by killing a couple in red oak trees then found some cutting hickory. Had a nice little flurry around 8 a.m. and killed 4 in about a 15 minute span. That made 9 so I started hunting my way back to the truck. Didn't take long to find a few more up in a red oak cutting acorns. Finally got a clear shot at number 10 and finished up my fall season in style. My buddy killed 5 himself so we had a great morning. View attachment 149298
Why the last hunt of the season?
Nice job!

bowhunterfanatic

Why the last hunt of the season?
Nice job!
Couple reasons really. A) Bow season will take up most of my time starting next weekend. B) I lose access to 2 of the 3 properties I hunt once bow season opens. Well, I don't really lose access but as a courtesy to the people letting me hunt I stay off once deer season opens.

Latest posts