Majors vs. Jones

BamaProud

AndyW":saysbgyr said:
When an issue occurs that can't be overlooked, forgiven or forgotten; toss a stone in the river. One, two or even ten stones will not disrupt the flow of water but more than that and the water begins to flow differently than it once did. For me, the Florida loss was the final stone that dammed the river.

Stone by stone instead of "brick by brick".

BamaProud

Hillbilly Hunter":3cyzohex said:
In today'a instant gratification world I think people have unreasonable and unrealistic expectations.

Most highly successful coaches win by year 2. ( the following is copied from another site)

Year two is when you know whether or not you have a great coach. Sometimes you know in year one, but you always know by year two.
My favorite SEC football stat is that no coach has ever won an SEC title without winning at least nine games by his second season.
And even great coaches who didn't win SEC titles won nine. Dan Mullen won nine at Mississippi State in year two, James Franklin won nine at Vanderbilt in year two. Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, all of them contended for or won national titles by their second seasons on the job. Hell, Urban won a national title in year two at Florida and Ohio State.
Dabo Swinney won his division in his first full season at Clemson; the idea that it takes years to know whether your guy is the right one is a fallacy, you know by year two.
Which is why Georgia fans have to be ecstatic.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/star ... -distance/

gator-n-buck

BamaProud":1kxrrbyi said:
Hillbilly Hunter":1kxrrbyi said:
In today'a instant gratification world I think people have unreasonable and unrealistic expectations.

Most highly successful coaches win by year 2. ( the following is copied from another site)

Year two is when you know whether or not you have a great coach. Sometimes you know in year one, but you always know by year two.
My favorite SEC football stat is that no coach has ever won an SEC title without winning at least nine games by his second season.
And even great coaches who didn't win SEC titles won nine. Dan Mullen won nine at Mississippi State in year two, James Franklin won nine at Vanderbilt in year two. Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, all of them contended for or won national titles by their second seasons on the job. Hell, Urban won a national title in year two at Florida and Ohio State.
Dabo Swinney won his division in his first full season at Clemson; the idea that it takes years to know whether your guy is the right one is a fallacy, you know by year two.
Which is why Georgia fans have to be ecstatic.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/star ... -distance/

Can we add CJM? He won 10 his first year and 9 his second year. Would of won 10 the second year if the cupcake game wasn't cancelled and replaced with the LSU game.

He's also had another cupcake game cancelled again this year due to weather and should be sitting at 4-1... :)