TN vs Purdue

PalsPal

Biggest game since 2010.

My expectations are how they've been every game in the tournament, which is expecting a loss, but hoping otherwise.

Here is a LONG analysis of the game, but the telling stat lies here:

Purdue has played 36 games this year. In 28 of them, they turned it over on fewer than 20% of their possessions. They went 28-0. In eight, they turned it over on more than 20%. They went 4-4. When Smith/Loyer/Jones have been really, truly hassled, it's stunted Purdue's offense immensely. That matters more to me than Edey does in a vacuum.

The great quote from Dumb an Dumber fits here, "So, you're telling me there's a chance!"

wayne

Edey is going to get his with the way that Mongolian goon is aloud to run over everybody in the paint. So, you have to stop the others from getting theirs.

THEdonkey0515

The big goon gets more foul calls than anyone in college ball, and it's not close. He has 200+ more attempts at the line than ANYONE on tennessee that is mind blowing. DK has 202 attempts the goon over 400!

So that's how the games gonna go. The goon is gonna shoot all day from the foul line, and UTs bigs will be in foul trouble.

Last edited:

Displaced_Vol

Good first half. Need to get Mashack back out there & turn the defensive pressure back up. I gave Aidoo a lot of grace against Creighton because I think he can hit those mid range shots, but man he may not have it this weekend. Maybe he can figure it out at half time.

K-dub

Another paraphrase from Dumb and Dumber every time UT goes on a 15 plus point run and then gives it back. " just when I think you can't do anything dumber, you go and do this "

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
The "big goon" gets fouled twice as much as gets called by the refs. Knect going off and poor free throw shooting will doom Purdue no matter what else happens.

Latest posts