TN vs Purdue

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
That is correct but per some memos to college officials on this subject states to monitor for "intent" meaning if the guy is just standing and raise the foot in the lane and there is no "intent" of getting out of lane then it is supposed to be a violation. Also another example is when person been in lane and then attempts a shot or makes the motion to attempt a shot then they are considered to be no violation if they do so within 4 seconds. But as everyone knows that leaves too much subjectivity in making the call.

Any time the word "intent" is used for help in determining a violation, it will lead to subjectivity. Refs have always used this when they think a player has violated the 3-second lane violation but is making an effort to get out of the lane and will give him the benefit.

I suspect (hope) the rule for NCAA men will be changed soon and require both feet to be on the floor out of the lane before resetting the count. I don't think Edey will handle the wider lane or bigger athletes in the NBA well.

There are so many things the ref has to take into account which can reset the count on the three-second lane violation (e.g. a deflected or tipped pass that is still controlled by the offensive team is still considered a "loose ball" at that moment and this will reset the count.) Also, the ref doesn't always start the count as soon as possible. This is probably why the 3-second lane violation doesn't get called a lot even when it should.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Any time the word "intent" is used for help in determining a violation, it will lead to subjectivity. Refs have always used this when they think a player has violated the 3-second lane violation but is making an effort to get out of the lane and will give him the benefit.

I suspect (hope) the rule for NCAA men will be changed soon and require both feet to be on the floor out of the lane before resetting the count. I don't think Edey will handle the wider lane or bigger athletes in the NBA well.

There are so many things the ref has to take into account which can reset the count on the three-second lane violation (e.g. a deflected or tipped pass that is still controlled by the offensive team is still considered a "loose ball" at that moment and this will reset the count.) Also, the ref doesn't always start the count as soon as possible. This is probably why the 3-second lane violation doesn't get called a lot even when it should.
I can't remember the last time I saw a 3 second violation called, against Eady or anyone else.

JBell

You can't make sense with many UT fans poorhunter. It's never that they got outplayed. It's always a ref, force of nature or unconventional gravitational pull. Always victims…… kinda like the democrats of the sports world. Watch em get "triggered"!
3……
2……
1……
And GO!!😂

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
You can't make sense with many UT fans poorhunter. It's never that they got outplayed. It's always a ref, force of nature or unconventional gravitational pull. Always victims…… kinda like the democrats of the sports world. Watch em get "triggered"!
3……
2……
1……
And GO!!😂
You mean they're like Alabama football fans? I've only been exposed to Alabama fans for a little over a decade, and it's extremely sad that a school that has had such tremendous historical success has such banal asinine fans. Why can't they just love their school and the wins and the championships without acting like a two year old with a popsicle?

Biggun4214

Thanks. That isn't what is posted in other places online, but seems legit.

That probably changed him from a violation every time down the court, but, they could have called it on 20+ possessions where it was blatant.

The game went down exactly as I thought it would.
There were numerous times he had both feet in the paint 6-8 seconds.

cbhunter

You mean they're like Alabama football fans? I've only been exposed to Alabama fans for a little over a decade, and it's extremely sad that a school that has had such tremendous historical success has such banal asinine fans. Why can't they just love their school and the wins and the championships without acting like a two year old with a popsicle?
Well that escalated/backfired quickly 😂

JBell

Haha. I don't get my feelings hurt. It's just funny to see the complaints no matter the sport or the team. Yes I am a bama fan and I am enjoying the success. Just laughing at all the crying

Latest posts