Lures you have no confidence in?

CATCHDAWG

While we are on this subject I want to nominate the banjo minnow.
Dude! That reminds me of the time my wife ordered some of those things and she didn't tell me. She was SO excited and was gonna be a surprise. They came in the mail and we went fishing in my pond behind the house where you could catch bass on anything you threw "except" a banjo minnow. Never caught a fish on those things anywhere I fished them. She was so disappointed! 😂

Rollo

I've caught good fish on all the lures mentioned (except for the Banjo Minnow.... LOL). However my nemesis is the Bullshad gianourmous swim bait. NEVER caught a decent fish on one of those $35+ dollar lures. Sold it for what I paid for it.

WilcoKen

Little George. But you could throw it a mile.

648DA5D8-E46B-4A3B-AB75-EC7A67CF2DF7.jpeg

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Dude! That reminds me of the time my wife ordered some of those things and she didn't tell me. She was SO excited and was gonna be a surprise. They came in the mail and we went fishing in my pond behind the house where you could catch bass on anything you threw "except" a banjo minnow. Never caught a fish on those things anywhere I fished them. She was so disappointed! 😂
Wow! I ordered some of them and caught bass after bass all day long till I ran out of them. I begged my dad to get me some more but he wouldn't and I didn't have any way to order more myself. This was on an oxbow lake from the Ohio river that was full of baitfish, cypress and lily pads. One of the best lures I ever fished with.

As for which one I have no confidence in, that would be jig and pig.

Crow Terminator

Tie between a frog and chatterbait.

When the fall frog bite is on, you always hear people counting the number of blowups they had to report epic days. "We had 30 blowups today". How many did you put in the boat? *blank stare* "only 1 but we had 30 blowups". That's not fun to me. I wanna catch em.

I've never even had a bite on a chatterbait though. Spinnerbaits, I've had days when they would nearly take the rod from my hands hitting them so hard. We got on a wind blown pocket one day and was burning spinnerbaits under the surface and catching largemouth and smallmouth together on nearly every cast. The wind had the shad up against the bank and it was a feeding frenzy.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Tie between a frog and chatterbait.

When the fall frog bite is on, you always hear people counting the number of blowups they had to report epic days. "We had 30 blowups today". How many did you put in the boat? *blank stare* "only 1 but we had 30 blowups". That's not fun to me. I wanna catch em.

I've never even had a bite on a chatterbait though. Spinnerbaits, I've had days when they would nearly take the rod from my hands hitting them so hard. We got on a wind blown pocket one day and was burning spinnerbaits under the surface and catching largemouth and smallmouth together on nearly every cast. The wind had the shad up against the bank and it was a feeding frenzy.
My key when I fish a frog is don't set the hook on the blowup, give it a second or two and then hammer 'em. Similar to a plastic worm.

Crow Terminator

My key when I fish a frog is don't set the hook on the blowup, give it a second or two and then hammer 'em. Similar to a plastic worm.
That's not the problem I have. It's that they just outright miss it and never take it down. I've had em blow up 2-3 times a cast and they miss it every time. I went with a really well known Chickamauga guide this past fall and we threw frogs for 8 hrs. He said if he has a 20% hookup rate on frog blowups, he considered it a great day. We had about 12 blow ups that day and didn't hook up with any of them. They were just slurping and swatting.

JN

I fly fish for about anything and have over the years received flies from Walmart or similar places and I usually just throw those straight in the trash. I don't like the way they look or fish just seem cheaply made. I especially dislike the wooly buggers they have and some how keep ending up with boxes of them.

Latest posts