Hand painted fishing lures...

Tenntrapper

My wife recently got a new airbrush setup for her cookie business. This leaves me with her old one (actually, she only used it a few times, so like new). I see that Amazon sells blank fishing lures...kits. I'm no Rembrandt, so wondering if this is hard to do.... anyone ever try it? I'm just looking for another hobby...one that can use stuff/equipment already on hand. Kinda like reloading, would be cool to catch a fish on something I made myself. Any advice, tips, suggestions?
Thanks

TNReb

I dabbled in it a little bit. I'm not artistic by any means, but it's quite easy to do some basic stuff. I found that I just don't have the patience or desire to spend the time to make good stencils/etc to do more intricate stuff.

You've already got the airbrush. The blank lures on Amazon are cheap. Give it a shot!

bluball

I did it alittle while,painted crankbaits.Wlure i believe is where i got mine.

m r too ducks

Practice on plastic spoons from Dollar General. Tons of videos on Youtube and groups on Facebook. I started on old lures i had laying around and wasnt using anymore. Get my blanks from Sugartit Lures. Been painting around a year just for fun.

Attachments

• 20230304_215605.jpg
    20230304_215605.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230317_230611.jpg
    20230317_230611.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220209_221609.jpg
    20220209_221609.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220427_122940.jpg
    20220427_122940.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 48

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
They also sell stencils that go over the baits so you paint a base color then can add crawdad stripes or fire tiger stripes over it and paint it again to get those stripes.

Chiflyguy

My wife recently got a new airbrush setup for her cookie business. This leaves me with her old one (actually, she only used it a few times, so like new). I see that Amazon sells blank fishing lures...kits. I'm no Rembrandt, so wondering if this is hard to do.... anyone ever try it? I'm just looking for another hobby...one that can use stuff/equipment already on hand. Kinda like reloading, would be cool to catch a fish on something I made myself. Any advice, tips, suggestions?
Thanks
I did custom jobs for walleye guys back in Illinois.
Lost count of how many Rapala jobs I did.
I used an Iwata air brush.
Still have a couple left around here.
Pink and white were hot.

Crow Terminator

I still have about 3 containers of blanks, paint, stencils, etc. Blanks were hit or miss for me as far as how they performed. Some were just terrible. You'll need at least 2 sets of the helping hands things...they'll help tremendously. I would do several lures in one color run at the same time to keep things easy on me. Most of my stencils were for craw patterns. I've not done any in a while. As others have said...YouTube has some really good videos and there are also some really good groups on Facebook, etc with awesome artists. I'm no where near that quality but I can make one look like a craw or shad haha.

Latest posts