Lost hunting property, going to talk to some land owners to see if I can get permission to hunt.

Stalkhunter

Did the property he was living on sell? That was a beautiful place to hunt. I killed a 5 point there in 2013.
Yes I loved hunting there, going to ask two land owners for permission too hunt. Mr Johnson who I talk to when I see him. Never had the need to ask about hunting his property.
The other person is Lonnie, he owns bordering property.

DaveTN

Well one did not say no but did not say yes lol. He said if I killed deer on his land he was fine with it lol. Not sure how to take that lol
I would take that as meaning he doesn't care if you hunt there but doesn't want the possible liability if something happened. I would guess pushing it any farther would result in a "no". But that's just my WAG. 🙃

Snake

I would take that as meaning he doesn't care if you hunt there but doesn't want the possible liability if something happened. I would guess pushing it any farther would result in a "no". But that's just my WAG. 🙃
I understand but without a definite yes or no you'll never know and I wouldn't hunt the property under these circumstances. Politely ask again offering any thing that assure him that you won't hold him responsible if anything happens . An access agreement is one thing you need to have in your possession showing those you ask that you won't hold said landowner responsible if anything happens. Offering part of your kill , what landowner expects of those with permission (landowner rules or requests) , and if all else fails offer $$$$$$.

Stalkhunter

I understand but without a definite yes or no you'll never know and I wouldn't hunt the property under these circumstances. Politely ask again offering any thing that assure him that you won't hold him responsible if anything happens . An access agreement is one thing you need to have in your possession showing those you ask that you won't hold said landowner responsible if anything happens. Offering part of your kill , what landowner expects of those with permission (landowner rules or requests) , and if all else fails offer $$$$$$.
I believe he won't give me a hard yes is because his nephew hunts it but he has not been there in 3 years. He told me his wife new wife is keeping him busy lol.

I know his nephew and going to talk to him

Snake

He also said no to money.
Meaning he won't lease it for hunting . Had permission to bowhunt some prime land in Giles one time . Offered to pay for the privilege to hunt but he said he'd just give us permission that way if he ever decided to quit letting us hunt he wouldn't feel bad and could stop it immediately. Couldn't use any type of gun but did say he'd have to really trust that person if he ever decided to allow gun hunting . I understood because his wife lost her life in a school shooting along with a young girl . Some may remember the shooting probably late 80's tonearly 90's in Giles Co. @ Richland School on hwy 31 I believe in between Pulaski and Lynnville . Sad deal and it bothered him this you could tell so I understood his take on guns . Although he wouldn't take any money we always sent a Christmas card with a little money just to show appreciation.

Latest posts