Going to look for one this morning

DMD

Shot one right before dark yesterday evening. I'm pretty sure it was a good shot and I think I heard him crash, but left him overnight just to be sure. Hopefully I will find him quickly this morning. I don't like evening hunting for this very reason, but you just have to go when you get the chance.

DeerCamp

Shot one right before dark yesterday evening. I'm pretty sure it was a good shot and I think I heard him crash, but left him overnight just to be sure. Hopefully I will find him quickly this morning. I don't like evening hunting for this very reason, but you just have to go when you get the chance.
Not to be controversial, but if you thought you made a good shot and heard him crash, why would you not just go look last night?

Even if you wait 20 minutes. Why back out overnight and give the coyotes a chance to move in on a suspected good shot?

Ski

I could never leave one I know I've made a good shot and heard crash.

Yeah if he crashed I'd be down immediately looking where I heard the crash. Dead is dead. I only wait if I'm unsure. Flashlights and headlamps are made for seeing in the dark. I don't use them walking in and out but I sure use them if I've got a deer down and it gets dark.