Moving this morning

Dumbluck

Only thing moving this morning for me was ME. First time ever with a muzzle loader, and when I got into my stand I realized I forgot my caps :rolleyes: Had to walk the half mile back to the house and get them and then back to the stand. Didn't get settled until 630, and need to climb down by 8, so it has to happen pretty quick toda.
To make you feel better I snuck into a tough spot to get in last week and thought I left my bow in the truck. Turned around and walked all the way back to my truck and realized it was strapped to my back pack. 🙃

DoubleRidge

Seen 4 does, spike, same six point twice,8pt and a nice 9pt....all bucks were chasing or trailing with nose on ground....one chase was very vocal...crashing through thicket...gonna try to sit tight....getting several local reports of chasing....northern middle.

DMD

A fee does hanging around most of the morning. Very few shots in Rhea Co. Wind keeps shifting but does don't seem to care if I'm here or not.
I'm hunting in Rhea county as well. I've heard maybe one or two shots at the most. I just moved to Rhea county recently, so hunting here is brand new to me. Good luck. 👍👍

tree_ghost

My target keeps giving me the slip…I've never hunter a buck that had my number more than this one…it's like he has me on a GPS or something….geez!!!

PillsburyDoughboy

Only thing moving this morning for me was ME. First time ever with a muzzle loader, and when I got into my stand I realized I forgot my caps :rolleyes: Had to walk the half mile back to the house and get them and then back to the stand. Didn't get settled until 630, and need to climb down by 8, so it has to happen pretty quick toda.
Not sure what kind of MZ you have but either get a pouch that will hold a speed loader and caps that velcro to the side of the MZ or get a possible bag that you throw on you when you head out.

I have a pouch that has a little pocket on the cheeck rest of my MZ. It holds a speed loader and a couple of caps case I drop one.

I also keep a couple of extra speed loader in my day pack. Happy Hunting

PillsburyDoughboy

Saw 3 bucks this AM. One was a shooter just out of range. Had 7 doe come in at 7AM right under my stand and hung out for awhile.

They definitely coming In to some gentle rattling.

ROVERBOY

Just came out a few minutes ago. Ended up seeing 6 does, a 2 1/2 yr old 8 point about 14" wide, a 2 1/2 yr. old 6 point about 14 or so wide, , and button buck.

ROVERBOY

I jumped the 8 point I've been hunting about 45 minutes ago. He was bedded with a big doe. He was about 350 yards from where I saw him last Saturday morning. Well, I hate jumping a mature buck but, at least I know he's still breathing and hasn't took a truck tide.

Latest posts