Going to look for one this morning

DMD

Well .i didn't hear him crash after all. I wasn't 100% sure i heard him crash, that's why I left him. Turns out I shot really low, and skimmed his chest. A little hair on the bolt. No blood. But, he sure ran and crashed through the woods like he was on a death run. I've been hunting for 40 years... that's the worst I've ever been fooled. Live and learn. I'm just glad he's not wounded bad. Sorry to leave you hanging.

philsanchez76

Well .i didn't hear him crash after all. I wasn't 100% sure i heard him crash, that's why I left him. Turns out I shot really low, and skimmed his chest. A little hair on the bolt. No blood. But, he sure ran and crashed through the woods like he was on a death run. I've been hunting for 40 years... that's the worst I've ever been fooled. Live and learn. I'm just glad he's not wounded bad. Sorry to leave you hanging.
Glad we heard back from ya! You know how to build suspense. Did you grid search or anything?

DMD

Glad we heard back from ya! You know how to build suspense. Did you grid search or anything?
Absolutely grid searched. Spend several hours looking for blood, following tracks and grid searching, even though I knew when I saw the bolt, it was not a kill shot (i couldn't find the bolt the evening I shot him). But...one thing I know about deer hunting... just when you think you know it all, you find out you don't.

Ski

Tough break. Sounds like he'll live to see another day, and there's always another deer to hunt. Unfortunately that stuff happens.

Have you ever considered using lighted nocks? Sure makes it easier to see where the arrow/bolt hit, how it flew, and finding it afterwards. Worth every penny.

DMD

Tough break. Sounds like he'll live to see another day, and there's always another deer to hunt. Unfortunately that stuff happens.

Have you ever considered using lighted nocks? Sure makes it easier to see where the arrow/bolt hit, how it flew, and finding it afterwards. Worth every penny.
Well... another bone head move by me, i had two lighted nocks in my quiver, but, without thinking, i stuck a regular nock bolt on my xbow that evening.

Latest posts