Leupold vx3hd or Zeiss

DaveTN

I agree you can't go wrong either way.

But it appears to me you are comparing a $400 Leupold to a $650 Zeiss. In that case I'd take the Leupold. That's not true, I'd take the Leupold anyway, but that makes it easier. 🤣

Leupold VX-3HD 3.5-10X40 180617 vs. ZEISS 3-12x44 522961 9920 000

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I have the VX3HD CDS-ZL and love it. As has been mentioned this usually a less expensive, lighter weight scope than the Zeiss. If you don't mind spending the extra money and don't mind the extra weight/bulk then go for the Zeiss. Both are great scopes

Hardwoodmaterials

I looked at both side by side and bought the Leupold VX3-HD. I wanted to like the Zeiss but it was heavier, cost more and to me lookin thru it had a tunnel vision effect sort of like looking thru a paper towel roll.

rem270

I've never owned a Leupold. Always been a Nikon guy. I know there's better scopes out there but the nikons have always been good enough for me. I bought a used gun that came with a zeiss conquest on it. I've used it all season. Looking through the zeiss I didn't notice any difference between it and the Nikon. Both were clear and good. But last Saturday right at daylight I had a buck and doe step out. Put my binocs up and it was still too dark to make out how big the buck was. Usually I can tell better with my binocs on low then I can the Nikon. But I put the zeiss up and could see it really clear. That made me realize then the quality in zeiss. Can't speak about the Leupold because I don't know but zeiss was crystal clear in low light.

hunter0925

I have seen far to many Leupold go down when they were needed to ever trust another. I'm not talking about low end Leupold, I'm talking about vx5 and vx6 both. They have serious erector system issues that are well known. I absolutely love their glass and features but I can't in good conscience trust them. I have personally sent a vx5 and vx6 back for loss of zero and tracking issues. Their warranty is great but I've used it to often. Zeiss was way ahead in their v4 series than nearly anybody else in the market at price, weight, optical clarity and tracking. My only complaint is the unmarked parallax.

deerhunter10

I love my leupolds tough as nails and great customer service. Not to mention they are just great optics. Heard great things about zeiss but until leupold gives me a good reason to go away from them.

Latest posts