Hunt or not

cecil30-30

I've got a small dilemma at hand. So this year I'll be hunting my own property 67 acres 100% of the time. So I don't want to over pressure it. I hunted it Saturday morning and evening and then killed my buck this morning on it. I've got pictures of 3 other what i consider shooter bucks. I have tomorrow off work. But can't make my mind up if I want to hunt or not. Thought about letting it rest till next weekend when the weather is cooler, especially since it's going to be kinda warm tomorrow. What do you think, hunt or not? It is November after all.

philsanchez76

That's a tough one man. Does your 67 acres hold does so your shooters will be around during the rut? Or do you think you should capitalize on them while its still kind of pre rut and they are staying closer to your property?

cecil30-30

That's a tough one man. Does your 67 acres hold does so your shooters will be around during the rut? Or do you think you should capitalize on them while its still kind of pre rut and they are staying closer to your property?
I feel like it holds does pretty well. Usually can always count on seeing a few does every hunt.

redblood

I've got a small dilemma at hand. So this year I'll be hunting my own property 67 acres 100% of the time. So I don't want to over pressure it. I hunted it Saturday morning and evening and then killed my buck this morning on it. I've got pictures of 3 other what i consider shooter bucks. I have tomorrow off work. But can't make my mind up if I want to hunt or not. Thought about letting it rest till next weekend when the weather is cooler, especially since it's going to be kinda warm tomorrow. What do you think, hunt or not? It is November after all.
I wouldnt but i try to never overhunt a spot. Definitely wouldnt if you killed a deer this weekend.

backyardtndeer

Maybe hunt a different part of the property from where you killed your deer today. That said, I am probably holding off until Thursday when we get another front.

cecil30-30

Is there a piece of public you could hunt nearby?
I actually have another private place to hunt but it's not the best. Super low deer numbers. It's no big deal if I don't hunt tomorrow as I've already accomplished my goal. I'm fine with killing 1 deer a season now. I was just looking for opinions and thoughts.

chris1976

On a small property, if you can limit yourself to just hunting the best weather/ cold front days you will maximize your success. Not doable for most folks though.

philsanchez76

It's got a great road/trail system. But I feel like they will still smell my path I take on entry and exit. Hard to best that nose 😆
I gotcha. Man if you're sure they will likely smell your access, then I'd rest it for the better weather coming. Im not gonna hunt the next 3 days either, but for other reasons. Gotta complete some honey do's and these next 3 warm ones will be perfect for it! Let us know what you decide!

Latest posts