Who hunts in the rain if not in a blind or shooting house?

BSK

In the past, light rain, yes, heavy rain, no. Heavy user of tree umbrellas. Gone through several. But they aren't going to help much in a downpour or rain with a lot of wind. Now that we have shooting houses for that very purpose (rainy days), yes, I will hunt in any rain.

lafn96

Get onee of these or similar

Screenshot_20231110_082505_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Wolverine72

I use a tree umbrella. I'll bow hunt if rain for sure. Depending on how hard the rain is, I may mzl hunt. I would have been out this morning, but I have an appt I can't miss.

GOHUNT

I do and typically see good deer movement. usually I'm in a shooting house though. I'm an old man…..have paid my dues being out in all weather except downpours. Me and Shopson drove through Tazwell on the way to a Chuck Swan archery hunt once and the thermometer on bank in Tazwell showed 5 degree! I'm pretty sure the ground was snow covered too. We hunted till 1pm and left then cause I had to be back for a Christmas party that nite.

themanpcl

Not If I can help it.
For me, as long as no lightning, I'm good in the rain. Now if the forecast is for gully washer fr hours, I'll get in at the tail end of the rain. Really never seen a reason to sit in my tree and not be able to see or hear because of a down pour but do love being in position after the rain stops. I don't hunt in a blind or shooting house. May invest in one of those tree umbrellas you attach to the tree over you when in a lock on or ladder. not a lot of help in the saddle though..lol.

UTGrad

Intermittent light rain is tolerable but I'm not a fan of my gear getting wet. If there is significant rain in forecast, I'll only hunt out of a box blind with a rifle. Otherwise, I'm not sitting on stand getting soaked. Been there, done that

Remington700

I typically wait for it to subside before going out for deer. They will move in a drizzle but usually bed down if it is coming down hard. To be honest the part I hate the most is breaking down my gun afterwards and cleaning it. Although I hunt the rain for turkey and duck.

M T Pockets 000

The years have caught up to me. I use to hunt in any kind of weather. We have a couple of stands that are not being used. Neuropathy in the legs and climbing don't mix. I a shack right now. Popup has a tear that needs patching when it drys out. I know,l know I'm a wuss but I don't need nor want Fulmonya or worse

Appalachian American

Won't lie. My very first solo hunt (bow hunting mind you), it came a strong and very cold rain. I vividly remember the rain dripping from the brim of my hat. No umbrella. Too cheap, poor, and undereducated. The elements didn't stop me that day, but the deer had better sense. Still get a chill thinking about how wet and cold that day was.

-AA

TN Larry

I've made several sits with the tree umbrella in the past. It is nice if the wind isn't blowing. Anymore as I've gotten older, I'm usually in a shooting house if it's raining. I'm not sure if I've gotten lazy, wise, or just not as mad at them anymore. Lol

Latest posts