Shooting House Builds

Gobble4me757

We got some free osb late summer, and my father's buddy had some treated 4x4s as well as a 4x8 treated plywood piece. He and my dad went to work and framed it/put it up. I was able to get down a couple of weekends to paint and put some deer view windows in. We will take the scaffolding off but it's pretty much finished! 4x8 at 6" elevation. The other is one we built and was able to paint it to protect the osb but there is still some work to do regarding windows and trimming the corners, ladders. I'll throw a couple of pics of my greenfields they are overlooking! Hope y'all enjoy! It was a bunch of work, and we are proud of em!

Edit: I forgot to mention the reason for doing these is to have a place my son who is 7months can hunt with me in a few years. It brings back memories of me hunting with my big papaw out of a single 4x4 house on the same fields 25 years ago. I can't wait Lord willing!
IMG_2255.jpeg
IMG_2247.jpeg
IMG_2251.jpeg
IMG_2241.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_2239.jpeg

Last edited:

44 mag

That looks great. What did you do for your windows. I have a work in progress that is just about done but I can't decide how I want my windows. Thinking just plexiglass on hinges at least until I make my mind up lol

Gobble4me757

That looks great. What did you do for your windows. I have a work in progress that is just about done but I can't decide how I want my windows. Thinking just plexiglass on hinges at least until I make my mind up lol
Man, I actually decided against plexiglass due to clarity overtime…I got the deer view window single hinge 36"x12" on each side. I did the grey glass one. They are awesome. The deer can't really see in but you can still see out really good. Here is a pic of the inside:
72281190371__0C07207C-D228-45A8-B68B-E84994C37048.jpeg

Gobble4me757

That looks great.
thanks!

Here is the window…not too expensive really for one of the most important part

Latest posts