Leupold VX-Freedom scope

kamml

Once upon a time, back in South Carolina, I hunted with contact lenses. I used one in my left eye only. That gave me distance and allowed me to used my right eye for the scope and close-up. That worked quite well. Now I don't go to the trouble of wearing contacts anymore so I have to wing it without glasses at all when I hunt. I get by, but getting older is a gentle curse.

DaveTN

Crap, turns out the problem is my progressive bifocals. If I look through the scope using the lower bifocal section of the glasses, the scope is crystal clear. If I look through the upper half for distance vision, quite blurry. Have no idea what to do about this. I won't be able to shoulder the rifle and look through the lower section of the glasses (requires tilting the head back too far).
Same problem here. However, I find my Leupold scopes are much faster at getting a usable sight picture than my Vortex or Nikon scopes. My plan is to get new glasses and present the problem to my eye Doctor. I suspect I can have a second set of cheap plain glasses made that aren't progressives. At least that's what I am hoping for.

Latest posts