Leupold or Nikon

shooterjr

I personally think a Leupold is the cleanest looking scope also. I used to work in the firearm business, and no one ever brought one back or had any issues with them. I really like that Trijicon though and can tell it's high quality, but my eyes told me that side by side with a VX-2 I have didn't see much difference. Especially in low light where I want it to perform the best.

Remi

I have a vari-x III that will be making its 2nd trip back to Leupold for lens coating issues. I own more Leupolds than anything else but I've also had to send several in for issues.

backyardtndeer

If you just have to have Leupold, there is a great deal at Cabela's right now, if you are a member/card holder.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/leupold-vx-3hd-rifle-scope. If you are a member, the price is $399 , you can add code CMMSAVE15 that knocks off 15 percent today(only good on Monday's in December), then it will let you combine/add code 23MERRY75 taking another $45 off bringing the price to $294.

backyardtndeer

And if you need a Nikon serviced, you'll end up with a Nikon coupon which will not get you scope.
I own several, from prostaff line to Monarchs, and fortunately I have never had to send one of my scopes in. I did send in my monarch binoculars once though, had an issue with the eyecups collapsing. Their customer service on optics used to be great. I recall one of the moderators on another forum, a dog got to his binoculars, he sent them in and they replaced them with a brand new pair no questions asked.

Burris also has a similar policy, no receipt needed, no registering a warranty, just send them in and they will repair or replace. I have had zero issues with any of my Burris optics.

I noticed that trijicon specified on their warranty page online that they basically deem what is in and isn't in warranty.

Jcalder

I own several, from prostaff line to Monarchs, and fortunately I have never had to send one of my scopes in. I did send in my monarch binoculars once though, had an issue with the eyecups collapsing. Their customer service on optics used to be great. I recall one of the moderators on another forum, a dog got to his binoculars, he sent them in and they replaced them with a brand new pair no questions asked.

Burris also has a similar policy, no receipt needed, no registering a warranty, just send them in and they will repair or replace. I have had zero issues with any of my Burris optics.

I noticed that trijicon specified on their warranty page online that they basically deem what is in and isn't in warranty.
I've skimmed trijicons warranty and have heard reports that if you actually have an issue, they treat you like vortex or leupold does.

Omega

At this point, I would take either one. This season I am using a new-to-me T/C Compass 6.5 CM rifle and the scope on it has pretty bad parallax, and a very heavy trigger. I can work around both of them for now but will definitely be working on both this off season. This no-name scope has got to be the worst scope I have ever owned, it looks to be the combo scope that came with the rifle, if it is, I'm very surprised that they would top this rifle off with this scope seeing as this is a pretty accurate rifle out the box. I will probably opt for a Vortex scope though since they give me a pretty large vet discount, and have yet to own a bad Vortex. I do love me some Nikons though, they have always served me well and have yet to have one go bad, but now that I have said that, and they no longer service them, watch them all go south on me.

Latest posts