Proud to be a Leupold owner

rickyk280

Bought a rifle from a member here a little while back had a Leupold VX-III-1.75-6x32 on it, you needed a set of Vise Grips to turn the power selector up or down so I boxed it up sent it back to Leupold, just got an email from Leupold .

Dear Loyal Leupold Customer
Upon inspection of your product , we have determined that it is in need of replacement under warranty. We will be sending you a "VX-3HD 2.5-8x36 CDS-ZL Duplex" as your warranty replacement.

This is why I been shooting Leupold for a little over 50 years. I had one other issue with a Leupold in all these years that was took care of promptly. Not here to say they are the best, but they have suited me for a lot of years and I own several.

mr.big

I just bought that 2.5-8 for my sons Kimber 7-08 and it's really nice deer hunting scope.

haven't got the cds knob made for it yet as I'm still not decided on the load yet but the moa dial works dead on to 400 yards at least. That's far as I've shot it.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
I've had 3 issues (Wind River Binos), every time they sent me a update replacement within a week of them getting it. solid company that still manufactures a lot of it's products in the USA.

rickyk280

I just bought that 2.5-8 for my sons Kimber 7-08 and it's really nice deer hunting scope.

haven't got the cds knob made for it yet as I'm still not decided on the load yet but the moa dial works dead on to 400 yards at least. That's far as I've shot it.
That is a great combination love the 7-08.

deerhunter10

Been sold on leupold for years. Had a set of binos that I messed up I dropped them and cracked the glass I just wanted them fixed. Called and they said send them in, they sent me a brand new pair and said it's covered under warranty. Since that day they have a long life customer until they do something stupid, which in the 15 or 20 years if using them I have never heard of a bad experience with their customer service. Not to mention they make great stuff.

PillsburyDoughboy

Bought a rifle from a member here a little while back had a Leupold VX-III-1.75-6x32 on it, you needed a set of Vise Grips to turn the power selector up or down so I boxed it up sent it back to Leupold, just got an email from Leupold .

Dear Loyal Leupold Customer
Upon inspection of your product , we have determined that it is in need of replacement under warranty. We will be sending you a "VX-3HD 2.5-8x36 CDS-ZL Duplex" as your warranty replacement.

This is why I been shooting Leupold for a little over 50 years. I had one other issue with a Leupold in all these years that was took care of promptly. Not here to say they are the best, but they have suited me for a lot of years and I own several.
That's awesome.

PillsburyDoughboy

Leupold is my preffered Optic followed closley by Ziess. Trijicon makes some great glass too. Swarovski and Kahles got way out of my price range years ago as Glass Technology tends to upgrade about every 5 years and I don't like dropping over 1,500 to 2,500 in scope that is going to be outdated in 5 years. Would they still be great scopes 5 years from now? Yes no doubt. Would they still be cutting edge? No.

ewc

I can't and won't buy a product that doesn't work. Leupold will not hold zero and its adjustments suck. Move two clicks expecting 1/2" and you might get 1/4"- 5/8" off movement.

I still have plenty, but that's my experience with Leupold. I run nightforce nowadays.

david k.

Great company and great scopes. I've had a pair of VXII 3-9X40 scopes on 2 rifles for over 30 years each...one is a matte finish on a Remington 700 Stainless Mountain Rifle in 280 REM and the other is a gloss finish thats on a mid 70's tang safety Ruger M-77 in .243 WIN. If I'm not mistaken, the turrets on both of my old scopes just dial smoothly with no clicks...I can't swear to that but thats what I remember...I haven't had to touch either in years.

PillsburyDoughboy

Great company and great scopes. I've had a pair of VXII 3-9X40 scopes on 2 rifles for over 30 years each...one is a matte finish on a Remington 700 Stainless Mountain Rifle in 280 REM and the other is a gloss finish thats on a mid 70's tang safety Ruger M-77 in .243 WIN. If I'm not mistaken, the turrets on both of my old scopes just dial smoothly with no clicks...I can't swear to that but thats what I remember...I haven't had to touch either in years.
That would be correct. The VarixII models do not have the positive clicks like the VarixIII models did. Huge draw back IMHO but they always worked.

Especially since you pointed out you have never had to touch zero in 30 years.

I can't and won't buy a product that doesn't work. Leupold will not hold zero and its adjustments suck. Move two clicks expecting 1/2" and you might get 1/4"- 5/8" off movement.

I still have plenty, but that's my experience with Leupold. I run nightforce nowadays.
I have 8 Leupolds and have never had any issues with them. To the contrary, i hVe never had to adjust one after sighting in. My oldest one has been on a 7mm mag for 30 years and has never lost zero.

Latest posts