Leupold VX3 fair price….again….

Gmed

I have a VX3 pre CDS model, I am thinking about moving down the road. It's a 2.5-8X36 matte finished and has not a scratch on it. No ring marks or nicks. Can't tell if it has ever been mounted if it has. I've had it several years as a safe queen and think I have given up on ever using it. What is a fair price for that model - what you would sell it for yourself, not what you would like to buy it for 😂. Thanks guys and gals……

wcw280

I buy the vx2 4-12-40AO's every chance I get. Pay anywhere from 300-375 for them. Silver, matte, gloss don't matter. The people in the market for that scope are more than likely retro fitting it to an older rifle just for a time correct piece. They make as good or better glass out there now for the same money. eBay prices are inflated. I've seen the same scopes stay on there for years. If you want to put it on there and hope for the best nothing wrong with that. If you find someone just dying for that exact scope you're gonna get a little more too. But honestly I wouldn't expect much over 300 maybe 325 in the real world. I bought a vx3 gloss 3-9x40 off Craigslist for $175 last year. Not typical I know but they are out there. Just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth. It's your scope put your price on it and see what happens is my best advice.

rickyk280

I buy the vx2 4-12-40AO's every chance I get. Pay anywhere from 300-375 for them. Silver, matte, gloss don't matter. The people in the market for that scope are more than likely retro fitting it to an older rifle just for a time correct piece. They make as good or better glass out there now for the same money. eBay prices are inflated. I've seen the same scopes stay on there for years. If you want to put it on there and hope for the best nothing wrong with that. If you find someone just dying for that exact scope you're gonna get a little more too. But honestly I wouldn't expect much over 300 maybe 325 in the real world. I bought a vx3 gloss 3-9x40 off Craigslist for $175 last year. Not typical I know but they are out there. Just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth. It's your scope put your price on it and see what happens is my best advice.
In 50 years of using Leupold,s I have never seen a "VX3"-3-9X40 Leupold. Did you mean VX-2?

Latest posts