Leupold or Nikon

shooterjr

I just ordered it yesterday. Hope to get it by Saturday. I'll report when I get it. I'm not sure how soon I can get it on a rifle though. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jcalder

I ended up buying one at that price, but haven't put it on a gun yet. When I do, I will compare to my Burris signature scopes and my Nikon Monarchs.
I really like mine.
IMG_8592.jpeg

shooterjr

I finally got mine mounted on the intended rifle-Ruger 77. As noted, it's a very high quality scope for the price with great glass. However, I can't get it back far enough to get it within the eye relief needed. I don't like offset rings, so it's a no go for me on this rifle. I'll probably go with a VX-3 3.5-10x40 at this point.

DaveTN

I finally got mine mounted on the intended rifle-Ruger 77. As noted, it's a very high quality scope for the price with great glass. However, I can't get it back far enough to get it within the eye relief needed. I don't like offset rings, so it's a no go for me on this rifle. I'll probably go with a VX-3 3.5-10x40 at this point.
My Vortex VIPER 6.5-20X44 PA is very hard to get into proper eye relief position. My Leupold 6.5-20x40 VX-III LR is very easy which makes it much faster. To be fair though, the Leupold cost nearly twice what the Vortex cost.

Wade195

I love my VX-3s.

Im sure there are better scope, but for me they a money.

Chickenrig

My Vortex VIPER 6.5-20X44 PA is very hard to get into proper eye relief position. My Leupold 6.5-20x40 VX-III LR is very easy which makes it much faster. To be fair though, the Leupold cost nearly twice what the Vortex cost.
Theres a reason for that ……
I was always told to but the best scope you can afford !

FLTENNHUNTER1

I have only one Leupold. A VR-X Fire Dot on my MZ. Best scope I have and can't imagine a better scope for clarity and love the red dot. Bought it on sale from Optics Planet a couple years ago. Second place is a Burris XTR I bought decades ago and is a fantastic scope. Pretty sure both are Made In USA. 3rd place is Made In USA Redfield 3x9 when Leupold made them. Best bang for the buck by far!

If I hit the lotto I want a Nightforce sometime in my life. But I think my eyes are getting too old to reap the benefits. I'm more of a EOTech red dot kinda guy while wearing glasses.