Leftover quota permits?

BringBackThe80s

Are there any leftover permits this year? If so, where can I find a list?

When I click the link in the wma quota hunt application portal it does not show anything, nor a message that there are no permits available. I want check with family, hunting buddies, etc. on whether any leftover hunts are something we can and would want to go on.

Andy S.

From the TWRA quota hunt application:

3. If quota remains for any hunt at the conclusion of the drawing, a vacancy drawing will be conducted using the applicants who chose two drawings. Priority is not considered in the vacancy drawing.

4. If quota remains after the conclusion of the vacancy drawing, leftover permits will be sold by all license agents and online on a first come, first serve basis beginning at 8 am on August 23, 2023."

Buzzard Breath

That's just the august 23rd leftover permits Andy.s posted something about vacancy drawing if you picked 2 drawings. That's what I was trying to decipher. I suppose that is done before we receive the results ?
The vacancy drawing already happened. The applicants that chose 2 hunts were the ones that had chances at them. The way they worded it is just confusing AF. They would have been better off just leaving it out.

Antler Daddy

3. If quota remains for any hunt at the conclusion of the drawing, a vacancy drawing will be conducted using the applicants who chose two drawings. Priority is not considered in the vacancy drawing.

4. If quota remains after the conclusion of the vacancy drawing, leftover permits will be sold by all license agents and online on a first come, first serve basis beginning at 8 am on August 23, 2023."
Thanks for this. We did two drawings for each person this year. I had hoped to get two areas like in the past, but evidently there was a lot of demand.

Buzzard Breath

This was last year's. I bet this year has the same WMA's, just less permits for each. Except Oak Ridge may have more, since it was hyped last year and these are antlerless tags.

A7AC8016-BFA5-455B-AB31-188B9D57F903.png

BringBackThe80s

Yes, thank you. I had seen that, but in years past you could see the list of leftovers ahead of time.

When I started this thread, I didn't realize the draw results only came out on the 15th instead of the 9th. So maybe TWRA is just still working on posting the leftovers list.

Bone Collector

The vacancy drawing already happened. The applicants that chose 2 hunts were the ones that had chances at them. The way they worded it is just confusing AF. They would have been better off just leaving it out.
Yeah. I kinda looked forward to the left overs being posted. I decided long ago that I would put in for PI. I have 11 pts, but won't be drawn for probably 3-5 years. It was nice being able to pick up a hunt close to Mid TN if I was fast enough. I assume now that the places I want will be gone.

On the other hand I am glad someone that wants it got it, but confused as to how they can have enough applicants to fill all the quotas, but NOT draw all the openings.

tahtah

Has anyone seen a list of the leftover quota hunts for this year? I know they'll show up in the app when they are available to apply for, but they aren't there now. I thought they published them a little ahead of time somewhere in the past.

Thx

Latest posts