Williamsport Quota Hunt

Lyonsman101

Hello,
Just saw that I got the Williamsport Quota hunt. New to Tennessee and have only ever hunted Mule Deer and Blacktail Deer so any tips for Whitetail Deer would be appreciated. Also to make sure I understand the regulations correctly a antlered deer is any antlered deer over the minimum length or is there a fork requirement as well. Thanks!

Bone Collector

Hello,
Just saw that I got the Williamsport Quota hunt. New to Tennessee and have only ever hunted Mule Deer and Blacktail Deer so any tips for Whitetail Deer would be appreciated. Also to make sure I understand the regulations correctly a antlered deer is any antlered deer over the minimum length or is there a fork requirement as well. Thanks!

I've never hunted Mule or Black tail deer. White tail deer like food and cover. If you can find food near cover or a transition trail between food and cover you have a shot.

An antlered buck is a buck with a point over 3" I think. don't quote me look it up, if it still isn't clear call the TWRA and ask.

pretty sure Williamsport is a bonus deer so you don't have to use one of your buck tags. In essence, if you've never killed a white tail deer, I'd shoot the first one by. If it has a good set of horns, that'd be a bonus.

TNCharlie

pretty sure Williamsport is a bonus deer so you don't have to use one of your buck tags. In essence, if you've never killed a white tail deer, I'd shoot the first one by. ...

Good advice right there.

Go now and do some scouting. It's a small WMA with good roads and trails. It also is comprised of steep hills and deep hollows. You want to know where you plan to hunt beforehand. Have a couple of spots picked out in case someone beats you to your first choice.

Which hunt did you draw?

Lyonsman101

Good advice right there.

Go now and do some scouting. It's a small WMA with good roads and trails. It also is comprised of steep hills and deep hollows. You want to know where you plan to hunt beforehand. Have a couple of spots picked out in case someone beats you to your first choice.

Which hunt did you draw?
207 I believe

BamBam77

Ah nope I'm Dec 2-4
Nice, I drew the same hunt.
I can try to help out, but I've also never hunted there. Planning to check it out one of the open bow weekends in September.
From what I hear, the place doesn't get much pressure even with 100 people being drawn

Lyonsman101

Nice, I drew the same hunt.
I can try to help out, but I've also never hunted there. Planning to check it out one of the open bow weekends in September.
From what I hear, the place doesn't get much pressure even with 100 people being drawn
Did you have any luck seeing any deer? I've been busier than normal this year so probably won't have much luck as I haven't scouted yet, but at least I will get and give it a try. If I even get a doe it's a win for me.

Latest posts