Quota hunt question

arctic_cat

Not sure if it is listed anywhere because I have looked also, I do know I tried to put my 12 year old in for hunts this year and the only thing that would pull up under her profile was the youth draw hunts. Didn't give me an option to apply for the other draw hunts

Carlos

It may be 13 after reading what Arric Cat posted.
My son is 14 and we drew quota hunts this year.

TN Larry

From what I can find below it's age 6. I know it's younger than 13 as my two kids have been putting in and collecting points since before age 13.

Youth Hunting Big Game On A WMA

Proof of hunter education certificate is required for youths 10 years of age and older. An appropriate hunting license is also required for youths 13 years of age and older. All youths, aged 6–16, are required to have a WMA Non-quota Big Game Permit or a quota permit where applicable unless they are hunting with a Lifetime License. Youths aged 6–16 may also apply for WMA quota hunts. Youths aged 6–16 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years of age or older, who must remain in a position to take immediate control of the hunting device, who is not required to have a license (if not hunting) but must wear 500 square inches of fluorescent orange.

morgancountry

From what I can find below it's age 6. I know it's younger than 13 as my two kids have been putting in and collecting points since before age 13.

Youth Hunting Big Game On A WMA

Proof of hunter education certificate is required for youths 10 years of age and older. An appropriate hunting license is also required for youths 13 years of age and older. All youths, aged 6–16, are required to have a WMA Non-quota Big Game Permit or a quota permit where applicable unless they are hunting with a Lifetime License. Youths aged 6–16 may also apply for WMA quota hunts. Youths aged 6–16 must be accompanied by an adult, 21 years of age or older, who must remain in a position to take immediate control of the hunting device, who is not required to have a license (if not hunting) but must wear 500 square inches of fluorescent orange.
Thanks for the info. I'll see how it plays out next year. He's wanting to put in but I was worried that we might both have to be drawn for me to sit with him. Looks that may not be the case.

volsfan1976

I started putting both mine in for points when they were 6. If I remember correctly, I tried my daughter at five to see but there were no options at that age.

Latest posts