• Help Support TNDeer:

Leftover Favorite

Cherokee

Supporter
My wife makes a great deer roast. Baking bag with some taters, onions, carrots, ...
But my favorite, if there is any left the next morning, is to make a pan of fresh biscuits and slice the roast real thin and hard fry. A couple of slices of that on a hot biscuit with a cup of coffee on the back porch. Yep.

tn24

Bean cakes. Take left over soup beans add flour, onion a little black pepper fry them till they're good and crispy around the edges.

JCDEERMAN

All my leftover beef is sliced thin, and put on the skillet with some butter - each side about 15 seconds....and is eaten with about 4 fried eggs runny

mike243

I make tater cakes with onion flour milk and may add egg or not, cook like a pancake , little browned is really good

Volbuck777

How do you do this? Just make patties and fry them in oil?
2 cups of mashed taters, 1/4 cup of flour, 1/4-1/2 cup of milk, consistency should be like a soft dough. Also we dice onions in it just cut them real fine because the cakes will cook fast.

Volbuck777

Bean cakes. Take left over soup beans add flour, onion a little black pepper fry them till they're good and crispy around the edges.
Do you mash the beans at all or just let the flour thicken the bean juice till it’s thick?

tn24

Do you mash the beans at all or just let the flour thicken the bean juice till it’s thick?
Yes and I also mince the onions. Add flour but not too much. You want the mixture to spread out on its own when you spoon it out. Make sure the grease is good and hot.

dralarms

My favorite leftover is my wife’s turkey cornbread dressing. When she makes it she always makes plenty of extra, cut into serving size pieces. We freeze it, then break it apart and vacuum seal it. I get to eat dressing all year long.

Latest posts