Leftover Favorite

Cherokee

My wife makes a great deer roast. Baking bag with some taters, onions, carrots, ...
But my favorite, if there is any left the next morning, is to make a pan of fresh biscuits and slice the roast real thin and hard fry. A couple of slices of that on a hot biscuit with a cup of coffee on the back porch. Yep.

tn24

Bean cakes. Take left over soup beans add flour, onion a little black pepper fry them till they're good and crispy around the edges.

mike243

I make tater cakes with onion flour milk and may add egg or not, cook like a pancake , little browned is really good

tn24

Do you mash the beans at all or just let the flour thicken the bean juice till it's thick?
Yes and I also mince the onions. Add flour but not too much. You want the mixture to spread out on its own when you spoon it out. Make sure the grease is good and hot.

dralarms

My favorite leftover is my wife's turkey cornbread dressing. When she makes it she always makes plenty of extra, cut into serving size pieces. We freeze it, then break it apart and vacuum seal it. I get to eat dressing all year long.

brassmagnet

I thought for years you needed ninja dressing making skills to make dressing, my mom made it sound like a lost art. I googled it and it is one of the easiest things to do. The secret is to freeze the cornbread and make sure it's dry enough to soak up the chicken stock, and chicken stock starts with a baked chicken.

Latest posts