Favorite sides with fried fish….

redblood

Got some a mess of crappie, blue gill and catfish to cook tomorrow.What sides do yall male with it. Need to Make a grocery run anyway. Our families basic rules is mo kore than 1 carb per meal and only 1 think fried. Slaw, white beans, etc. need some new ideas.

MickThompson

White beans and vinegar slaw are the "core sides" for me but I'm open to any southern/soul food style side- greens, fresh corn, grilled okra, squash, etc. You could blacken/ pan seat your fish if you wants to deep fry something else

redblood

White beans and vinegar slaw are the "core sides" for me but I'm open to any southern/soul food style side- greens, fresh corn, grilled okra, squash, etc. You could blacken/ pan seat your fish if you wants to deep fry something else
Turnip greens and mustard greens are my go to in the fall when our patches are ready

TDW05

2-Step Enabled
I didn't eat potato salad the first 50 years of my life. Now I love it. At least some of it. I always get it at certain restaurants. McAllister's potato salad is excellent.
I love it! I hadn't had it in a while and now I pick some up every time we have a fish fry!

fatboy

Got some a mess of crappie, blue gill and catfish to cook tomorrow.What sides do yall male with it. Need to Make a grocery run anyway. Our families basic rules is mo kore than 1 carb per meal and only 1 think fried. Slaw, white beans, etc. need some new ideas.
Mom would batter the fish in cornflake crumbs. Sides were baked beans, mashed potatoes or potato salad, slaw and cornbread. Man she could cook.

hillbillyfab

I never got the onion thing. I've seen men at a restaurant order fish and eat an onion like an apple. I love onion cooked into something or diced up on a burger, but a big hunk of raw onion is just too much for me.

We've eaten together and not known it then, because I love me some fresh onions.

Buzzard Breath

You've got to have Cole slaw anytime you're frying fish. For the other side, I like corn on the cob, when it's in season, or cheese grits with crumbled bacon in it.