Lebanon area rut

WilcoKen

Does bunch back up into extended family groups AFTER the rut. I suspect most of the breeding is finishing up in the Lebanon area.

We are seeing the same thing past 3 days on my farms south of you. Large doe groups forming, whereas before the rut it was individual does with this year's offspring.
I agree. I exclusively hunt Lebanon/Watertown and I believe peak rut is over. Does grouped up everywhere here.

Saw a young buck with a doe across the road from the house this evening. I'm just south of Cedars off of 231. Looked rutty to me. Had a doe and yearling behind the house this morning. Had one chasing behind the house last week. Planning to go in the morning so hopefully they're still on the prowl!!

THE DUKE

Saw a young buck with a doe across the road from the house this evening. I'm just south of Cedars off of 231. Looked rutty to me. Had a doe and yearling behind the house this morning. Had one chasing behind the house last week. Planning to go in the morning so hopefully they're still on the prowl!!
Your close to me I'm just past cedars state Park on flatwoods Rd.

Outdoor Enthusiast

I hunt in Smith Co. I started seeing bucks with hot does on the 12th. Heavy rut activity for the following ten days which I hunted almost every day.

it seems to be really slowing down now. Bucks are cruising back through scrapes checking them (mostly at night).

I think the peak has already passed.

You better start getting ready for the second rut.

Latest posts