If the BCS Computers were still making decisions this is what you’d have….

PillsburyDoughboy

Well next year there will be 12 teams for the committee to look at and alot of you guys whineing now will still be out of playoff contention :)

BamaProud

The BCS wasn't designed to pick 4 teams for a playoff.
Also, the BCS relied heavily on polls that was 100% influenced by humans.
I'm not sure how old some of you are to remember it, but everyone hated it. That's why we trashed it.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I always (at least almost always since my memory isn't so good) felt that the BCS got the top two selections correctly. The polls did play a part in it but did not control it. It could leave good (deserving) teams out which is a reason the playoff was added to include teams.

PillsburyDoughboy

I always (at least almost always since my memory isn't so good) felt that the BCS got the top two selections correctly. The polls did play a part in it but did not control it. It could leave good (deserving) teams out which is a reason the playoff was added to include teams.
Saban Nailed it in his presser after the Win Over Georgia. He said in a nutshell that next year after we go to 12 that the Minions and the Media will be yapping that 12 is not enough. Go to 7 min Mark .

He is Right. Wait for it. Someone parked at the 15th loser spot is going to whine they should have gotten in. Its comeing.
Go to 7 Min Mark

deerfever

We would already have a 12 team playoff system in place if the ACC , Big 10 and Pac 12 had not stopped it two years ago I believe it was ( Google it). I guess then team 13 would be complaining. Lol.

deerfever

Here you go!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-121921.png
    Screenshot_20231204-121921.png
    138 KB · Views: 22

JBell

The BCS wasn't designed to pick 4 teams for a playoff.
Also, the BCS relied heavily on polls that was 100% influenced by humans.
I'm not sure how old some of you are to remember it, but everyone hated it. That's why we trashed it.
Yea… but those crystal footballs were nice!!!

TNlandowner

Could be wrong and this is just an opinion. The committee didn't want another playoff game similar to last year's championship game. Most viewers quit watching after the first quarter... viewers = money.

Face it, an injured QB gave FSU a slim chance of getting in.... Definitely not fair to the other starters on the team. The committee's decision was about money, which shouldn't surprise the players who are pushing more and more NIL money demands.

Latest posts