Hunting knife????

Okatoba

I do 90% of gutting with a 3 blade stockman (Uncle Henry Rancher), works alot better for me than the bigger knife. I use a big knife (Bucklite) to get the ribs and pelvis. When I skin them I use the Rancher or the same fillet knife I use to fillet crappie and bream.

AllOutdoors

Buck 110 was my first and works well. But really like my buck omni hunter 12pt for gutting and skinning.

Sent from this smart thigamajig using tapatalk.

stik

i have been carrying and using the same case shark's tooth since my mom got it for me for Christmas when i was 16. that's 37 years.

Jon54

I've become hooked on Great Eastern Cultlery. They make knives under four different brands and use old school designs. Very high quality and great steel.

String Music

CharlieTN":1u7woe8d said:
I've been using an Outdoor Edge SwingBlaze (same as the swingblade but in orange) for 2 years now. Holds a good edge. Nice and grippy and the zipper blade works exactly as advertised.

Now for skinning back at home I use what is called a sheep skinner. Then a boning knife and a large "steak" knife for further butchering.

X2. Makes cleaning deer a breeze.

keystonecop

A $5 parring knife from Wally World.
I use it to gut em n skin em.
Works great and sharpens easy

Sent from my Ifoam using old school finger tap talk while hunting in Ms!!

nielsenj

Buckk 110 is super for me, in fact I have one which was given by my uncle last year as a birthday present.

Jon54

I've got a Buck 112 that has a slightly shorter blade than the 110. Mine is a "Pro Line" from Cabelas and came with a life time warranty. I can send it to Buck at anytime to be refreshed.

Boone 58

this two blade style Case is my favorite. The large blade will go up the chest cavity and cut thru the bone. The second blade is the skinning blade and is awesome
You cant beat this combination. Priced around 60-75 dollars, and worth every penny.

TNReb

I have a Buck Omni Hunter 10pt and like it just fine. I just field dress them - don't do my own butchering. I've found that any knife in that size range works fine as long as it's sharp and as long as the grip isn't too slippery. Field dressing isn't difficult and doesn't require anything fancy. I'll occasionally pull out the Buck to cut a small tree limb or something of that nature. Never had any problems putting a sharp edge back on it.

Latest posts