Hunting knife????

TNCanoer

A Mora Companion and a Wyoming Knife are currently in my hunting pack for field dressing. I also have an American made Schrade Sharpfinger my wife gave me for Christmas 23 years ago. Love that knife.

PillsburyDoughboy

I always use a fixed blade knife. Shrearade ,Buck ,Knives of Alaska Kershaw are all brands I have used in the past and depending on my mood one season is which one goes out for the year. The only time I use a folder is when I get separated from my pack and need to do a quick job in the field. I generally do not make a practice of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southern_leo

Just got the Havalon Piranta for Christmas. Really wanted it after cleaning a deer with a dull Shrade. I have yet to buy a good sharpener which is in my plans, but having a razor with exchangeable blades is very appealing to me. Handle is open on back side for easily cleaning. That's my hold back from a lot of folder like the Buck 110 is the cleaning process. Just my .02 cent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stykbow

19c345944b2349d1c89cd9b34ba5303f.jpg

This is my knife for a while. Railroad spike, walnut spacer, and deer leg bone handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southern_leo

I just got the Havalon folder but have always preferred short blade fixed blade knives. Stykbow you have a good looking piece there. Did you make it? I'm assuming the material holds a pretty nice edge.

Stykbow

southern_leo":7byls8lx said:
I just got the Havalon folder but have always preferred short blade fixed blade knives. Stykbow you have a good looking piece there. Did you make it? I'm assuming the material holds a pretty nice edge.

Yes sir, it's my own creation. Holds a good edge. I had to play around with it to find a good hardening temp, but it came out good once I worked it out.

southern_leo

Stykbow":1n2v6pke said:
southern_leo":1n2v6pke said:

Yes sir, it's my own creation. Holds a good edge. I had to play around with it to find a good hardening temp, but it came out good once I worked it out.

Great job! You may need to make more and post them in classified section.

Bodine270

I have been using a Case Ridgeback Caper fixed blade with wood handle for the last couple of years. Tough to beat a Case.

Gravey

My uncle bought a Boker Magnum for my son and nephew back in February and had sheaths made for them. He found out in late March he had cancer. They backordered and he got them shipped to the boys in late summer or early fall. He passed away in October so when my son killed his first deer of the year I didn't have it and had to use mine which he gave me probably 25-30 years ago. Last weekend my son killed another and I had forgotten to take it again. When we got home the next day I got it and used it to skin and quarter it up and it performed like a champ. Has a regular blade, gut hook and saw.

sbhockey

drawforce":gchzdrfs said:
on the cheap end of choices a mora knife made in sweden cant be beat.Ive got several of the $14.99 ones with the carbon steel blades, i keep one in both my vehicles and my tackle box.They get increibly sharp and are easy to keep that way, and if you lose one your not out much.

Have a couple and love them. But lately it's been my Outdoor Edge in the field, and the Mora at home.

Latest posts