How to Get Odor Out of Hunting Boots

JeepKuntry

Never had a problem with odor. I leave my boots outside all season long under a covered porch though. After season they go back into the box they came in.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Wash them in creek water, roll themback and sun dry them. Then spray with Scent Killer. You can skip the last step if you want, just wanted you to feel better.

And this is not a joke. Nothing beats creek water and unscented soap to kill odor when sun dried.

TNDeerGuy

Take a small box of baking soda and dump it in the boot and "swirl" the powder around inside and dump the excess out. Then wash really good with an unscented soap and spray out with a hose and either use a boot dryer, or put them out in the sun turned inside out. My wetland mucks smelled like a dead body :) and this cured mine.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
The funk will not build up so bad if you take a blow dryer and dry them out every time you take them off.. You can leave them on thier side so a floor vent blows inside them to dry them out.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
TNDeerGuy said:
Take a small box of baking soda and dump it in the boot and "swirl" the powder around inside and dump the excess out. Then wash really good with an unscented soap and spray out with a hose and either use a boot dryer, or put them out in the sun turned inside out. My wetland mucks smelled like a dead body :) and this cured mine.

I use alot of Baking soda during hunting season.We also use it thru out the year for funky wash. Any Pool supply place sells 25 or 50 lb sacks of it. Alot cheaper and easier than buying boxes.

DMD

Buy a boot dryer, put your boots on them after every hunt. It will keep them fresh and from stinking. One of the best investments I ever made. Works great to dry your boots and shoes when you wash them also.

hitek7

I thought a boot dryer was a have to have item? Maybe that is because I hunt alot of low wetlands. I could not function without mine.

Jaahspike

Last year I went to our swamp land and the inside of mine got soaked and when I got home.....I forgot about them sitting in my bag downstairs....I actually threw up a little in my mouth when I smelled them:). I have a big bag of cedar chippings that someone gave me for my dog's doghouse. I filled the boots with them and completely covered them in the bag for about a month. Problem solved.

Savage

I turn my mucks upside down and stuff them between the cab and the bed. The heat from the exhaust pipes dries them quite nicely.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I've seen several homemade Bootdryers made from 1.5" PVC with a Blowdryer for heat and air circulation. A couple of T's a few right angle's and you'll be good to go.

Elmer

Put a small amount of baking soda in the bood after each hunt. Then buy the small boxes of baking soda that have the vented tabs. Throw it into your star age container when you put them up.