Lite boots

deerhunter10

We haven't had many people asking about boots lately, but I do have a review on the lite boots. I switched from mucks to lacrosse probably 5ish years ago and love my lacrosse boots and still will have and wear them. With that said I bought a pair of lite boots to try. Have worn them the whole month of November and hunted a whole lot since ml season opened. And I am impressed with them. My feet never got cold, but never got hot of those warm days either. I do wear good socks. They are basically a croc made into a boot. So they are very comfortable and light weight is an understatement. So far been durable (turkey season will test that way more) and if we turn wet I will feed our cows in them as well to test them. I would highly recommend at the moment. No need for boot dryers or anything like that as there is no insole. Really no break in period either. Not sure if anyone cares but I've seen a few post asking about them in the past.

30-06 type of guy

My brother has a pair of them he says he likes em but I wondered about the warmth part. I know when LITE boots first came out ppl were leaving them out in the sun and heat and they were melting or shrinking I can't remember which but they said to keep em out of the sun. I forget mine in my truck bed a lot so that's another reason I was hesitant about em.

deerfever

I have a pair of LITE boots and they are great, I will never buy the heavy rubber boots again insulated for 10 degrees to 80 it says. If you want a boot that's made basically the same and half the price check out Tingley Airgo boots. My son and I both have a pair of those also. They are made out of the same material and are around 40.bucks. Both are great! I have deer hunted in the Tingley all season and I turkey hunted in the Lites. Someone mentioned the Tingley on another hunting site so I ordered my son a pair due to price, I got me some for me once I seen them. If you are a rubber boot guy I would check either of these out and never look back!

Snake

My Muck boots soles fell apart , don't think I'd buy anymore because I'm not hard on boots . I bought some Rocky Sport Pro on sale @ RK regular $149.00 but can't remember exactly what I paid but thinking it was under $50 last year . These are durable but not the comfortablest boots I've wore but guess I need to break them in . Seemed like the Rocky's I've had in the past were that way . I've got some rubber boots I bought off a guy ( Itasca - China) that are a tad big on me but I didn't give much for them and only wear them when it's real cold with a couple pairs of socks .

Last edited:

Bgoodman30

I am on my second season with them and they are great. They can be kind of slippery and not the best traction. Not great for climbing. Other than that all good my Dry shods haven't left the garage.

Kevin

My only two complaints on them are when i wear them in early season my socks squeak like crazy in them. Almost like walking down a tile hallway at school and your shoes squeaking every step.

I have not had the same experience as you with warmth. I wear them with good socks, and my feet have gotten very cold the couple times it has been very chilly that I have hunted.

That isn't to say it is the boots. The ONLY boots I have found that my feet never get cold in are the lacrosse boots that are on my Sitka waders.

Latest posts