Boots

AT Hiker

I love my Lowa Tibet GTXs, I have had them for close to 10 years. They are heavy and still relatively stiff, perfect for heavy pack outs and scrabbling over gnarly terrain. I also wear them hiking in E. TN and hunting flat land here.

I sent them back to Germany last year, they replaced the rubber rand, sole, insoles and did a look over to fix any stitches, etc. Cost me $125 plus shipping to Connecticut. They then shipped them to Germany and ship them back to me. They are literally better than new. Imagine having a leather boot that has conformed to you for almost a decade and now you have new rands/soles.

Point is simple; pay a premium for a quality boot with excellent customer service and be willing to resole them as needed for $125+ inflation and you will have a lifetime boot.

Also, if you get a quality leather boot make sure to clean them as needed and apply a good wax to ensure the waterproof stay effective. I prefer Kenetrek boot wax. Add a good pair of gators and your waterproof up past your calfs.

sneakybow

Zamberlans work best for my feet and needs. Boots are hard to recommend because everyone's feet and usage scenarios are different. Once I found what worked I have no reason to switch.

Latest posts