Boots

BigRod

Looking for a new pair of hunting boots! Something fairly priced maybe 100-250, waterproof, durable and can take a beating! What y'all recommend?

Rakkin6

I am a LaCrosse and Muck fan. I have a pair of Irish Setter also that I love but I have read bad reviews on there newer rubber boots

DMD

I'm really high on Red Wing. I've just had great success with them. I don't like rubber boots for hunting where I do. I know there are votes for Danner, had a terrible experience with Danner boots, I won't ever own another pair. Ever. But, they must be good, because lots of people like them.

tellico4x4

I'm really high on Red Wing. I've just had great success with them. I don't like rubber boots for hunting where I do. I know there are votes for Danner, had a terrible experience with Danner boots, I won't ever own another pair. Ever. But, they must be good, because lots of people like them.
Young guy archery elk hunted with me a few years ago & he asked about boots before hunt. Told him Pronghorns but he bought a different style from Danner as they were cheaper. Got what he paid for as they leaked terribly...Called Danner when he got home & they swapped them even for the more expensive Pronghorns. He's a happy camper now.

DMD

Young guy archery elk hunted with me a few years ago & he asked about boots before hunt. Told him Pronghorns but he bought a different style from Danner as they were cheaper. Got what he paid for as they leaked terribly...Called Danner when he got home & they swapped them even for the more expensive Pronghorns. He's a happy camper now.
Yea, I know they have to make good boots. Too many people I trust like them. I mostly wear lightweight, uninsulated hiking boots when I'm deer hunting. I like to keep my feet from sweating before getting in the stand and then cover my boots with boot blankets when needed. Anyway, I bought a pair of Danner hiking boots. I can't remember the model now. I paid somewhere between $150-200 on Amazon. They were waterproof. Or at least they were supposed to be. First off, my socks would get wet just walking through wet leaves. One morning my feet were freezing, I hadn't walked very far to the stand, it hadn't rained. I took my boots off, and my socks were very wet. But, the worse thing about them - they were like walking on ice. I have never fallen in the woods for no reason, and rarely ever fallen in the woods. I cannot count the number of times I would be walking down a flat, level logging road and just BAM! On my backside. This happened time and time again. I sent them back to Danner - they sent me another pair - same issues. By time all that got figured out, the warranty was up on the new pair. Danner wouldn't do anything to help at that point. I sold them at a yard sale - almost brand new - for $1.00. I felt guilty taking that, as they weren't worth a $1.00. I got a pair of Red Wing boots and a pair of Keen Hiking boots - no more wet feet and I've never fell in the woods since. And that's probably been 10 years ago.

Like I said, I know I just an isolated bad experience. They have to be good boots. Too many experienced hunters swear by them.

JCDEERMAN

I have some Irish Setters I really like. I have a different boot for each season. Warm season, mid season and late season. The Irish Setters are the mid season and what I wear predominantly. Lightweight, flexible, waterproof and warm.

DMD

I have some Irish Setters I really like. I have a different boot for each season. Warm season, mid season and late season. The Irish Setters are the mid season and what I wear predominantly. Lightweight, flexible, waterproof and warm.
:DThat sounds like me. I'm kinda anal about footwear and hunting. I have warm weather/cold weather/long walk boots and socks, then very cold weather boots and socks/short walks, and extremely cold boots and socks/short walk. I've just hunted so many years, I've just finally figured out what works and stuck with it.

JCDEERMAN

:DThat sounds like me. I'm kinda anal about footwear and hunting. I have warm weather/cold weather/long walk boots and socks, then very cold weather boots and socks/short walks, and extremely cold boots and socks/short walk. I've just hunted so many years, I've just finally figured out what works and stuck with it.
No doubt. I have non-insulated, 400gr and 800 gr boots.

And talk about being anal about boots….those 3 pairs have never step foot inside or even a truck - only woods and fields.

Latest posts