Best rubber boots

Gmed

Ok boot experts…I need a new pair of waterproof rubber boots, lightly insulated (600 grams of insulation or so) for barn work, feeding cows in the muddy winter and maybe a hunt or two. Need something that will last longer than a year. What your best bang for the "buck"? Please be specific, not just brands like Muck or Irish Setter…specific model…..

TX300mag

@farmin68 sent me a link to Greg Judy raving about finally finding a pair of boots that found that finally held up.

I bought five pair for members of my family in March and April. My son and I wear these: https://www.hisea.com/mens-rubber-w..._medium=email&utm_campaign=20230331-promotion They come with a lifetime warranty.

We've warn them right through the summer even though they're rated for up to 86 degrees I think. The bottom of my son's sole began to separate, so I filed a warranty claim. They immediately shipped him a new pair. I'll glue the base back to his sole and keep the originals for a backup.

Time will tell how they hold up. I can say with confidence they're much better quality than Muck. They're made in China, which I don't like. But I need a pair of boots for farm chores, landscaping, hunting, etc that will hold up-so far these seem to be good quality.

Last edited:

Tweeter

I have muck chore, this will be my 3rd season with them, I turkey, deer and duck hunt in them, they have also been wore to upland hunt and squirrel hunt. Only thing I don't like is the neoprene upper is easy to tear

Wrangler95

I have bought two pair of Muck's and 3 or 4 pair of Lacrosse and they failed to hold up,the Muck's were the worse!I have a pair of Rocky boots that have lasted for years and still not a leak or tear.If and when these kick out I will only buy rubber Rocky boots but dont know the model # but they have insulation ,I think 1000 gram!

Gravey

I've got mucks and Lacrosse. The muck Fieldblazers started rubbing my heel with any distance walking. The cold weather ones (name escapes me) have been good. Bought a pair of lighter weight Lacrosse and have only wore them twice but so far so good.

deerhunter10

I wear lacrosse grange and lacrosse burly. Added a pair of lite boots that I haven't wore for any amount of time. But they are comfortable and stupid light. Got away from mucks several years ago they have gotten uncomfortable and hold up absolutely Terrible dry shod are junk as well.

Swampster

I second the Muck Chore. Great hard deep tread. Have never had a muck leak or ripped the upper.
I like the Muck Chore, and have had several pair, but never got more than one year before leaking. I do live on acreage, am outside almost every day for hours, and part of my land tends to be damp to muddy, so I may wear them much more than most people would.

deerfever

I really like the Lite boots or a very similar but cheaper boot called Tingly airgo. I have some of both, lightest best feeling boots that I have ever put on. Great for walking/working.

SpurChaser

I have had a few pairs of LaCrosse boots and love them. I have had leather and rubber boots and have never had any issues with them. I stepped on a 2x4 with a nail in it on some public land and punched a hole through a rubber boot. Emailed LaCrosse and they swapped it out for a new pair. I'm sure there's others that'll disagree, but they are the best in the business for what I do in East TN.

Latest posts