Homemade scent eliminator??

The ScubaCamper

True. I wonder if anyone's ever done any experimenting with the different products, testing them with dogs (to see if a dog can pick up the scent of something sprayed with "scent eliminator"?

plinker22

My early season boots had several spots where the sole was pulling away from the upper.

I purchased some "All Purpose Goop". It worked perfect to re-attach the bad spots. However, I don't think there is a "scent eliminator" product out there that is gonna make them scent free.

That GOOP has a strong smell. My only hope is that it cure and the smell go away. I might have messed up. :(

Back on Topic: The youtube video is essentially making a cover scent. IMO, we do not need a cover scent, we need to NOT SMELL (as much as possible).

The ScubaCamper

Think you could try sealing off the goop with primer?

Also, next time try using JB Weld - it dries relatively odorless and as hard as tough plastic.

Not smelling - I would assume natural odors (such as excrement/flatus) would be okay?

UTGrad

The video is a cover scent...not a scent eliminator.

I heard it best described like spraying air freshener after a big dump. What smelled like chit now smells like pine and chit lol

fredfred

The ScubaCamper said:
True. I wonder if anyone's ever done any experimenting with the different products, testing them with dogs (to see if a dog can pick up the scent of something sprayed with "scent eliminator"?

Dogs that track humans smell the skin cells that you shed, not your odor. I bet deer smell them too

Bottom Hunter

Deer smell skin cells.....no way to prevent them falling off along your way. I guess you could dress head to toe and maybe that would keep the skin cells from falling off onto the ground as you walk in....The best plan is always to try to walk in to your stand without crossing trails and always play the wind....Now, once you get in your stand, it may not hurt to spray down with a scent eliminator to help with the wind, but walking in, you'll most always leave a trail of dead skin.....imo.

TLRanger

IMHO, all the scent eliminators are a gimmick that is taking your money for nothing........If it is a confidence builder, go for it. Save yourself some cash and make your own, it is easy. Just put two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen (H20) in a spray bottle and use it.

missalot

im going scent eliminators don't work or drug smugglers would use them and never get caught deer hunting is hopping the deer comes from the direction the wind is not blowing

southernhunter

missalot said:
im going scent eliminators don't work or drug smugglers would use them and never get caught deer hunting is hopping the deer comes from the direction the wind is not blowing
i agree . I hear the pro hunters talk about hunting the right wind and in some area maybe it's possible . Every place I every hunted the wind could change any moment or every other moment and the deer never come from the same direction twice . I been hunting 20+ years and its always be that way . At least for me it has ..

SALTMAN

What southern hunter said , round here the winds is coming from all directions ! I DO believe scent killers and eliminator s work . Have had too many deer downwind that Didn,t detect my presence. But I often use two layers , one that prevents and one that absorbs , plus rubber boots and head cover. That leaves a small amount of exposed skin , to the wind .

Latest posts