Scent Killers and Ozone!!

losthunter

I have to remind my son of this every year when he comes home with the latest, greatest product to make you invisible to deer. Deer hunting companies are designed to separate you from your money and that is it. Our forefathers hunted with red checkered shirts smoking cigars.

Kmushrooman

I have to remind my son of this every year when he comes home with the latest, greatest product to make you invisible to deer. Deer hunting companies are designed to separate you from your money and that is it. Our forefathers hunted with red checkered shirts smoking cigars.
Fred bear always wore his red checkered shirt. His saying was"be quite,be still."

double browtine

Eh, sit back and let her blow. She's annoying to you but she's a critical member of the local herd because she alerts at every sense of danger. The old buck inside the cover is paying close attention. He won't come out until she calms down, which means the danger has passed. If you shoot her then you spook every deer in the area and reinforce to them that the danger was real. But if you let her clam down or leave, which might take awhile, then all other deer will also relax. Those loudmouth does snort & stomp and head bob at everything from raccoons to bobcats, coyotes, foxes, other deer, etc. Just because she blows doesn't mean every other deer immediately associates the sound with human danger. So let her blow. The other deer are used to it. When she leaves or calms down the big guy will feel ok to come out of the cover. I've seen it play out a hundred times just like that.
Never thought about it like that. Back in the day we had a permanent tree stand built up in a big whiteoak. The seat was at 22 ft. Had this old doe that would walk thru the woods looking up for a hunter in that stand. Lots of good bucks were killed from that stand including the one in my avatar, my biggest buck. After getting busted numerous times even when the wind was perfect, I had had enough. Next hunt I carried my climber and hunted about 50 yards away from that stand. She came walking through the woods that morning leading a heard of does. She stopped like clockwork and looked right up at the stand. I knew it was her and she never took another step! .308 to the neck dropped her! Hunting was much better after that.

thale51

I shower in scent-free soap each morning before heading to the woods and the night before I toss all of my clothes in a scent crusher ozone bag and run it through a cycle. I'll change clothes at the place I hunt when I get out of the truck and spray down with scent killer before I leave the truck and again once I'm settled in the stand. Other than playing the wind, that's about as crazy as I get.

Speedwell-Hunter

I always use scent killers on me when I get out of my truck,also use my ozone tote.How do you go about making your scent level as low as possible?I know your never gonna be scent free but try to lower it as much as possible.I also use my Onx app for the right wind direction for which stand I will hunt!What do you like to do?
I put coyote bait with skunk at front of blind

Will do with ladder stand this year

Latest posts