Doe in heat scent

Rackseeker

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck using doe in heat scent? I have killed plenty of bucks but have never used doe in heat scent. If you have killed bucks using it, what age class bucks were they. And what brand scent do you use?

Rackseeker

I quit using it. Hunt where there are does and they will bring in the bucks naturally.

You don't need artificial poo-tang to kill a buck.
I don't use any kind of scent and don't plan on starting. I just see alot of kill pics and alot of them mention some kind of scent and a bottle of it in the pic. I was just curious if anyone used it regularly and what success they have.

Carlos

I've had some success with the buck bomb, I just sprayed a shot of it about 1x per hour.
An old buck came in with his ears laid back, he looked like he had a mane on the back of his neck, ready to fight.

Overall though, I feel like it's a gimmick. Something to try out, passing the time while hunting though.

bowtechgump

I know that I am not BSK or Catman....but all of the things that you buy are useless. I have always said that everyone is willing to pay for the inside edge......it's honestly very simple. I will say scent is the number one thing that a deer can rely on......you want to go in 1 day a year and kill it? You're not supposed to be there! You don't believe that a calf that never smelled

bowtechgump

De
I know that I am not BSK or Catman....but all of the things that you buy are useless. I have always said that everyone is willing to pay for the inside edge......it's honestly very simple. I will say scent is the number one thing that a deer can rely on......you want to go in 1 day a year and kill it? You're not supposed to be there! You don't believe that a calf that never smelled
Deer like every other animal are taught to accept the value of senses......high-fence, bait, food plot or water.......they are taught threats. SeekOne kill subdivision deer.....but public deer are the exact same....

Ridgeline300

I use a drag rag (not always, just whenever the mood hits me) with code blue and without a doubt I've killed a couple of good bucks because of it. I've never seen it hurt me, I've witnessed deer act like it's not even there and seen few kinda nose around but eventually move on. I had one buck walking in same path a walked in with his nose to the ground then stop within a few steps of where I stopped to hang it on a limb, I killed right there or he would have probably stuck his nose right to the drag. The other buck I caught a glimpse of through the trees angling away from me with no shot so I grunted and he stopped kinda turned back towards me I hit him with an estrus bleat and he started walking my way but it was thick with no shot still and he stopped in some brush, I could barley make him out. He turned and went over the hill after losing interest but he was walking at an angle that could possibly take him over the scent trail I laid down. Sure enough about a minute later he popped up exactly where I walked up and was coming straight at the drag that was hanging 40 yards down the hill. Neither were monsters but both were mature bucks. So it's worked twice for me with about 200 tries. I'll continue to do it periodically because you never know, the next one it works on could be the biggest buck ever or be the one that keeps you from eating tag soup.

SC Manimal

I've had a young buck follow the drag and a yearling lick the tree a wick was in. Never thought a mature buck came in simply for the scent though. I use all of it during the rut. Maybe it's a gimmick but it makes me feel better.

DC219

I hunted a a crowded AEDC hunt one time. On my way into the woods in the dark, I could tell exactly where several different hunters were as I walked through their plume of deer scent. I don't use that stuff. Besides, I don't believe Tinks is actual deer urine anyway. Nobody has enough deer to fill up the shelves at every Walmart in America with urine.

timberjack86

Killed several with trails end scent. It's not really doe estrus but I've killed a few mature does and a couple mature bucks touching Thier nose to the scent wick. Anything else not so much

hoghunter65

I quit using scents when I put some tinks about 40yds from my stand, that morning had 4 does and 2dogs walk right by it and never look up, now the only scent I use it vanilla extract, put it on a drag rag and deer will follow you, last seven deer I've killed were standing in my footsteps

Latest posts