Homemade mineral storage

Rakkin6

Hey guys i have a quick question. I am making my own mineral sites. But what I am using makes 150 pounds of minerals. That is more than I need so just wondering how you guys store leftover minerals. I was thinking of just putting the leftover into 5 gallon jugs and putting in my shed.
I m using Di-Cal, Trace Mineral Salt and Stock salt and the co-op only sells them in 50 pound bags.

Omega

Okay sounds good, I was just concerned if moisture would hurt it. That's why I said a 5 gallon sealable bucket.
Get some old jeans, or in your case uniform bottoms, (can use burlap or canvas bag) cut the legs off sew, or zip tie the end and fill with the mix. Tie off with some 550 cord making a loop, store in a 5 gal bucket until ready for use. When ready just loop it onto a branch over a site you want to use and let the rain and moisture do it's thing. You can help it along by soaking the bag first, and maybe putting some in a hole under it first. I did that for a couple seasons until I just started using a big block of minerals for livestock, it turned out much cheaper than getting all those bulk ingredients, and the deer don't seem to know the difference.
iu

Rakkin6

Man I tried one of those blocks from TSC and they haven't touched it. Maybe with this rain it will get them to hitting it.

Omega

Man I tried one of those blocks from TSC and they haven't touched it. Maybe with this rain it will get them to hitting it.
Strange, unless they have a another site nearby, mine gets a lot of traffic, along with the other two smaller tree mounted ones. One of the smaller ones get's more traffic than the bigger one, but even the other smaller one gets a few, and it's only 7.2 acres.

Rakkin6

Strange, unless they have a another site nearby, mine gets a lot of traffic, along with the other two smaller tree mounted ones. One of the smaller ones get's more traffic than the bigger one, but even the other smaller one gets a few, and it's only 7.2 acres.
Well I have plenty of old ACU bottoms that I can use. That pattern ain't worth a crap anyways. I still use my BDU Multicam Patagonia

Latest posts