Mineral Station Question

Ridgeline300

One thing about minerals and food plots is they may or may not contribute to enough antler growth to make a noticeable difference but they do have the potential to bring in lots more deer and therefore you have a chance of bringing in and holding larger antlered bucks from neighboring areas. I just use trace mineral and trophy rocks for inventory purposes.

themanpcl

Refreshed my mineral stations today.

What minerals do you all use on your farms to supplement your heard? When do you usually put them out?

Twice a year on our farm - January and June.
I have some that was blended for the area and use it after season - through the summer. I stop before archery. And I don't hunt over them.

SALTMAN

keep it out year round . Do you feed your children , your family the good nutrients , only part of the year ? Nope . Why. ? Because you want them to be as healthy as possible .
Common sense has to come in here somewhere .
if you want healthy animals you provide the most nutrients you can , including minerals , yearround , not part time . Why do cattlemen use mineral tubs ? Are they wasting all that money ?
More nutrients produces more healthy and bigger deer , including the antlers . Any mineral supplement will help your herd . If you just want to try and draw in the deer to a kill spot , most any salt will work including road salt . If you want to help your Herd health try Trophyrock , it has 65+ minerals in its natural form . The animals know the difference and will choose it first over the man-made stuff .

deerhunter10

keep it out year round . Do you feed your children , your family the good nutrients , only part of the year ? Nope . Why. ? Because you want them to be as healthy as possible .
if you want healthy animals you provide the most nutrients you can , including minerals , yearround , not part time . Why do cattlemen use mineral tubs ? Are they wasting all that money ?
More nutrients produces more healthy and bigger deer , including the antlers . Any mineral supplement will help your herd . If you just want to try and draw in the deer to a kill spot , most any salt will work including road salt . If you want to help your Herd health try Trophyrock , it has 65+ minerals in its natural form . The animals know the difference and will choose it first over the man-made stuff .
Cattle mineral and deer mineral like trophy rock is not even close to the same. But you are comparing apples to oranges.

knightrider

Spoken like a true salesman 😁

Latest posts