Hole In The Neck Buck

redblood

I don't remember this story. Enlighten me please.
Many years ago on shot a buck on my parents farm with a bow. I could tell my penetration was poor and i hit him high (i was in a really tall stand ) so i thought it might reach top of the lungs. Followed blood for awhile , thought we jumped him once. Found my arrow minus the broadhead, the insert had pulled out (xx75 aluminum arrow) Took the next day off work and looked by really found nothing more that a few more drops off blood. Fast forward to Thanksgiving morning, more than a month later. I shot a tall 8 point chasing a doe on a different farm, about a mile and a half away on a different road. This time the gun sealed the deal . Hung him up. A couple days later, when i am processing him, i hit something metallic. To my amazement it was insert and broadhead (cant miss a bright blue allen broadhead). So since then, its a joke that the killing process begins in bow season and wraps up in rifle. He aint wrong!

gasman

All the good "neck" comments have been taken.

Congrats buddy. That's a cool story and glad you were able to close that chapter.

Side note: Has anyone else noticed how mature I'm sounding lately?? Something might be wrong with me.
@Hduke86 has stepped up to try to fill your shoes. I noticed he derailed my other thread 🤷🏿‍♂️

Ed Cude

I have a history with this deer.

Most of you remember last year, on November 18, 2021 I shot a decent 8 point that got up and ran off after I took a picture of it laying on the ground. Here's the link.

Fast forward to yesterday, November 21, 2022 I was hunting the same farm, sitting under the same tree, but a totally different style of hunt. Last year was 7mm-08 scoped and ready for anything. This year 30-30 wanting close shot.

After examining and skinning the deer from yesterday, I found the bullet in his neck from last year. Amazing how tough these animals are.

Pictures from last year, yesterday, and this morning when I found the bullet.
That way his horns are not right

Latest posts