The Maserati Buck

tug

As I understand it, there was no jail time.

Is that correct?

There is a constant in this arena. It is this. The men who were involved in this crime were not model citizens to begin with. I would bet a crisp $100 that among them would be histories of theft, domestic abuse, public intoxication, fraud, etc. They did not meet after bible study, or on the way home from their community college class, or from their kid's soccer game to conspire to perpetrate this crime. They were not good men to begin with. They just got caught doing the sort of thing they have been doing every day for a very long time.

If I could wave a magic wand, there would be sharper teeth in TN law where they would have some private time to rethink the course of their lives. For their own good, and society at large.

Had they done this in about a dozen other states, they would have been given that opportunity.

Snake

With these giant bucks being poached and killed legally in Tennessee is impressive. Thought there was no way a world class buck could come from Tennessee because of the soil . Well this buck grew world class antlers eating saw briars and drinking from branches that probably had oil residue in it . Best food it ate was probably flowers or shrubs from someone's lawn. Goes to show you if a deer has the genetics and lives long enough it can have impressive headgear !!!

Dumbluck

Hayden worked a case with us on a Nashville firefighter and we prosecuted him. He was going into private property and even national parks and hunting illegally. He eventually shot a deer I knew well and had the shed antlers to, I gave Hayden the shed antler and photos of the buck before he ever found the buck at the guys house. He was able to use that evidence and the history I had with the buck to prosecute the guy and eventually force the truth out of him.

That big buck in the OP was actually posted on the Tennessee Deer Hunters Facebook group about 2 weeks before he was poached. The idiot that posted it took that video and told everyone exact where it was. When I called him out as being the dumb@ss that he was the moderator blocked me instead of removing the post like he should have. I'm sorry some of yall may find this harsh but if someone sees a giant deer and post it to social media with the location they are a special kind of crayon eating, none velcro shoe tying, cousin loving idiot, and should be treated as such.

Hayden is a fantastic game warden, I talked to him last week and actually need to call him with some info on another possible case.

BigAl

Thought it said these guys worked near the spot it was killed so these guys probably knew the buck was around long before it was seen on an internet post.

I haven't seen anything mentioning the names of the offenders. I think thir pics and names should be posted for all to see.

tug

Wonder why they didnt try to get permission, legaly hunt it?
Perfect example of my point.

Mr. tickweed could not even conceive of doing what these criminals did. Never entered his mind. Mr. tickweed's head worked through the problem within the bounds of law, and probably ethics, and safety. Why? Because Mr. tickweed is not a criminal.

Having been in this game for a long time, what I want everyone to consider is that these guys have the criminal mind. Why? Because they are criminals!

They did not wake up the morning they killed this deer and all decided to go to from the right side to the dark side. No. These men all lived lives of criminal behavior. In their business life. In their home life. In every moment of every day. Imagine how you would react if one of your buddies came to you with a plan to kill a trophy buck at night and claim it was killed a hundred miles away and they needed your help to do it. You can't even process that, can you?

Mr. tickweed is who he is. An honest guy who can't even begin to see himself doing what criminals do. These poachers are who they are. Criminals in all aspects of their lives.

Keep this in mind if and then you have to confront someone in the same context. The person who is poaching your place is most likely someone very similar. A practiced criminal. Not just a well-meaning neighbor who got confused over a boundary line. Most likely they will say and do everything they can not to involve law enforcement. Why? Because the LEO will run them in the data base and find out they have outstanding warrants or their criminal history will reveal their character.

Be careful out there.

Latest posts