History of NMLRA has roots in TN

451LRML

Picked up a copy of a new book put out by the NMLRA. So far the reading has been very informative and interesting. Lots of pictures and it really depicts how much rifle shooting went on - with all kinds of rifles.
One BIG thing that was quickly pointed out was Walter Cline from TN - the main NMLRA firing line is named after him.

Attachments

• NMLRA Book.jpg
    NMLRA Book.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • W Cline.JPG
    W Cline.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,027
  • NMLRA book P1.jpg
    NMLRA book P1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,021

Wobblyshot1

I kinda wished I'd bought one. The log structure that's the Gunmaker Hall was donated by a Tennessean as well as the concrete berm between the offhand and bench line. On the front cover of the book in the lower right corner an image of shooters on the pistol line. The third shooter from the left was a Tennessean. He's been deceased for years but he was one of the greatest shots on that line that there ever was. As a matter of fact, his record still stands for the 25 yard limited time fire with a flintlock pistol.

Wobblyshot1

Another Tennessee connection that I just found out about...A young fella from middle Tennessee at the very recent Fall Championships broke the record for the 1000 point pistol aggregate. That record was standing since 1964. This aggregate includes caplock, flintlock, and revolver fired one-handed at 25 and 50 yards...10 matches in all.

Latest posts