Blackhorn has gone up.

Carlos

Holy smokes, that makes me think switching over to BH wasn't a very good idea.
At least I already have enough to last me for a few seasons.

Carlos

In my local Walmart this morning. They had the place marked for blackhorn. But haven't gotten any in. The price Walmart had it at 84.00 a can
Someone who's bored should calculate how many shots a can would be equal to...
Nevermind... someone already has. Here's what they advised.

"An 8oz jug is 3500 grains (ish). If shooting 90gr volume (63gr weight) that's approximately 55-56 shots."

DoubleRidge

Wow....but even at that price it would last me years.....I have the CVA breech plug to convert over to the Blackhorn...just hadnt done it yet...still have half can of Triple-7...so I may hold off one more year.

Carlos

That's over $1.75 per shot for the powder only!

Add the bullet of choice and it's going to be nearly $3 per shot!
Going to be way cheaper to just shoot em with a rifle and forget the MZ. 😄

Imo it isn't worth it, and if everyone pays that much, the price won't go down for awhile.

squirrel_hunter

I bought several cans 2 yrs ago. I went in this little gun shop. Its crazy on prices. They had a bottles of triple 7 for 68.69. I wont be buying any from that store.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
That makes me feel a little better about the high$$ sabots I shoot in my 20 gauge. The Savage 10ml I have is even cheaper.

iowavf

One of the reasons I sold my 45 Encore and opted for a Mossberg 450 bushmaster. I like BH but was having a hard time finding it and I don't shoot 200 yards plus like I use to with the 45 TC. I can use my 44 mag pistol for late ML here in Iowa, so I get by.

DaveTN

why so high?
You will see all kinds of wild azz guesses to that question. But I don't see any answers from Hodgdon or Western Powder.

It might be as simple as they don't want to mess with making the runs of it anymore as the market shrinks.

Usually when you see crazy pricing, it's the retailers, not the manufacturers ripping us off claiming supply and demand. In this case it's the manufacturer.

Most of the conversation about Blackhorn is about the price. But people keep buying it.

Latest posts